Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Um...How do you get glue out of fabric? >

Um...How do you get glue out of fabric?

Um...How do you get glue out of fabric?

Old 08-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

well, since the issue was raised, it's a good time to let ppl know that I bought some Glue-Baste-It, about four years ago and put a dab on a piece of denim, then washed it and it never came out.
That is why I am afraid to use it on anything.
It was made to be used on fabrics. It was more than a dot like they reccommend to be fair.
So, basically, if your gonna give it a try...be stingy :XD:
Old 08-16-2010, 03:24 PM

Leave the glue alone. Put the quilt away. Years from now when "Little Horror" marries, wrap the quilt up and gift it to the new couple with a note that tells them not to get upset when their own "Little Horrors" add their individual "decorations" to that once beautiful quilt.

You might even want to add a small label explaining the glue glob and date it.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:15 PM

I use Zout for everything. It even took fingernail polish out of the front of a wedding gown the day of the wedding. Sometimes just let it soak overnight little rubbing it should come out. Good luck
Margaret
Old 08-17-2010, 08:46 AM

Huuuuuuuuuuuge thanks to Heidi- the vinegar worked! We think he found the UHU glue, which sticks to everything anyway!

I didn't really want to applique over the mess as it is a quilt that my Auntie made. Still, I didn't get cross with the little man, it was an accident, but he did get a very gentle reminder that when we use glue, we put newspaper down first lol!

So... God bless white vinegar!! (and all of you for your suggestions, many thanks everyone)
Old 08-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Power Poster

I am so happy that this had a happy ending :D:D:D
Old 08-17-2010, 11:55 AM

Please just make sure that the vinegar is rinsed out very thoroughly. If it sits on the quilt without being rinsed out thoroughly, it can do damage itself.

Mattee
Old 08-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

I'm sorry but if you name a child "Little Horror" OF COURSE he will do stuff like that. Had his parents named him "Little Angel" or "Little Einstein" ...well, thinking this one through, you might actually still have glue on your quilt. ROFL. GLad the UHU flew the coop. (UHU is also the German word for a type of owl.)
Old 08-18-2010, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I'm sorry but if you name a child "Little Horror" OF COURSE he will do stuff like that. Had his parents named him "Little Angel" or "Little Einstein" ...well, thinking this one through, you might actually still have glue on your quilt. ROFL. GLad the UHU flew the coop. (UHU is also the German word for a type of owl.)
Lol. He's never called that to his face, he's usually called "sweetie" or "poppet" if he gets called a pet name. I've read the book about the little boy who was told he was bad so he behaved bad, but when someone called him good he started behaving! I wouldn't put a child down like that (not to their faces- talking about them to others, sure- just to get it off my chest) and he wasn't being naughty. Just misguided. It was an accident, if I thought it was malicious...

I think that UHU was named for the owl actually! I never made the connection, but I just wiki-ed it! Thanks, you learn something new every day! :mrgreen:
Old 08-18-2010, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mattee
Please just make sure that the vinegar is rinsed out very thoroughly. If it sits on the quilt without being rinsed out thoroughly, it can do damage itself.

Mattee
Will do. Thanks :D :-D