I am making some placemats, and like to use a thin batting between the layers, and quilt lightly. I glue basted six mats yesterday, thinking to get up 1st thing this morning to quilt them. Well, I sometimes have trouble sleeping the night thur, so thats when I do my best thinking. I rethought the backing for the mats. Didn't like what I used, so this morning, I tried to gently take the back off...........NO WAY! So, I tried spritzing with a bit of water, but that didn't seem to get it wet enough. Perhaps If I had left it set longer? Anyway, on to my next try. Took a wet wash cloth, (pretty darn wet!) layed it on one half of the mat, folded the other half over and put my large square ruler on it for a bit of weight. After about 10 or 15 min, I could lift the backing off, and the glue stayed on the batt. I ironed the new backing on, and it stuck just fine. Didn't have to re-glue. Have 3 of the mats quilted, and if I hadn't had to stop to do lunch, would be done with the quilting, and on to the binding. (Hubby thinks he has to have lunch everyday.......silly man!) The backs that I removed are not wasted. Have found another fabric to use with them. That is, if I don't wake up in the middle of the night again. Ok, enough rambling..........back to the sewing machine.