Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on my Walmart Trip today.

Blog Entries
    Okay. Here are boxes that I put it all in and there is still probably 4 or 5 banana boxes left in the Van. I have to get some more boxes tomorrow.
    I don't know how much fabric there is in there for sure, but I DO know that I quit adding it up after I got to 200 yards...and that is NOT COUNTING a gazillion panels. I know I won't use all of it, but I know for a fact that there is enough fabric to not only make a ton of quilts, but backing fabric also. In total so far there are 24 banana boxes stuffed full and a duffle bag and an over sized tote bag. Heres a picture of the boxes. Im leaving them on my patio as I want to wash every single bit of the stuff. This is only 12 of them as the other 12 are in the washers up in the laundry room. I am going to be washing fabric for a year!! lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Wow, thanks for sharing your photo with us, great job on your cool find for all of that fabric

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    You got all that from Walmart? Ok how did you do that?

I must have missed the first part. You went and bought all this fabric? amazing.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I just saw you other post. congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by suebee
    I must have missed the first part. You went and bought all this fabric? amazing.
    you bought over time ? what are your plans for all the panels?

$1 a yard? Boy you certainly scored. Well, what you don't like, you can always offer up on here and use the money for some stuff you do like or patterns or batting. What comes from our craft goes back into our craft. $$$ That's what I tell my DH anyway. If I sell something - the money goes right back into my little money pit. :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    You got all that from Walmart? Ok how did you do that?
    It was easy. First we went to Joanns but they were closed. So we drove over to walmart to get the fabric I needed for the border on the Ants go Marching Quilt I am doing. And while I was looking at some fabric, there was an older lady in one of the electric carts looking at fabric and asked me if I sewed and I said yes that I make quilts and she said she had some fabric for $1.00 a yard she was selling and she had quite a bit. So she gave me her phone number and address and I paid for the fabric that I had cut drove ALL THE WAY home (its an hours drive one way) sat here and decided to call her because I had posted on this and some of the people on here said not to wait till saturday and so I called her and she said we could come over so we drive the hour to her house and that is how I got a "great sale at Walmart" lol man if they knew that lady sold me all that fabric IN THEIR store, I bet they would have banned us both for life. LOLOL. I will probably do a lot of it as PIF on here once I get it organized.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M.I.Late
    $1 a yard? Boy you certainly scored. Well, what you don't like, you can always offer up on here and use the money for some stuff you do like or patterns or batting. What comes from our craft goes back into our craft. $$$ That's what I tell my DH anyway. If I sell something - the money goes right back into my little money pit. :)
    Thats what I just told my husband I was going to PIF just for postage once I go through it. Might take me a year but I will. :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3incollege
    Quote Originally Posted by suebee
    you bought over time ? what are your plans for all the panels?
    Not sure there are alot of them. I don't think I have ever seen so many even at the store.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast