Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Viking Problems

Bought an 870Q a year ago - nothing but problems. The latest is that I sew too much.....and the projects I sew have caused issues with the motor and feed dogs on the machine. It has been in the shop 5 or 6 times over 11 months. Only sew one top a month & 4 totes a month. Any suggestions out there?

I'd ask the shop for a refund, no one should have to put up with that!

JJs
    Banned
    This is why I use old Singer mechanical machines - they were built to be USED .....
    So, let me get this straight - you can sew too much on new machines, and cut wrong on cutting boards...

hmmmmmmmm, what's wrong with this picture??

Blog Entries
    They should take it back and give you a new one, or the money towards a different machine all together. sounds like you got a lemon..unless others have had the same issues.
    head to the viking website and see..or find a viking message board, and see if anyone else is having problems.
    no way, would i keep it.

Blog Entries
    Sewing too much??? :roll: that sounds more like an excuse than them wanting to own up to the fact that this machine needs replaced...

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    I'd ask the shop for a refund, no one should have to put up with that!
    I would ask for my money back, look at all the time you are waisting bringing it in to be fixed.

It sounds to me like you have a dealer problem, not a machine problem. The 870 is a top of the line machine and should work flawlessly. If you are bringing it in that much your dealer should be fixing the machine or teaching you how to use it, not blaming you.

There is a Yahoo group for Viking Sapphire owners. They are very good at troubleshooting problems and helping quilters get the most out of their Sapphires. If you search for "Viking Sapphire" in Yahoo groups you'll find them.

I have an 850, and I ended up so frustrated with my dealer that I bought a Bernina from a different dealer.

Good luck to you!

Janet

It appears that there are more problems with the Viking Sapphire than I was led to believe. I was initially told it was a work-horse. Maybe I got one with a lame leg.

Blog Entries
    I believe the earlier models had tension issues that don't seem to be an issue with the newer models. What kind of issues are you having?

I'm glad the person posted about the Yahoo group. I'm going to check that out myself.

No way should your machine spend that much time in the shop! :thumbdown: And 'sewing too much'? puhleeze. I can't believe they told you that. You should be able to use it every day, many hours of the day.

Go above the dealer, to the company, if you have to. Sounds like a lemon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast