Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- March 3 to March 6, 2016 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend -- March 3 to March 6, 2016

• Virtual Quilting Weekend -- March 3 to March 6, 2016

Old 03-07-2016, 08:38 AM

I am going to a HandiQuilter class this week, so I wanted to finish two tops and have them sandwiched to have something to work on after the class. I got a lap quilt completed and sandwiched, but the twin sized one may not be finished in time. I did get 3/4 of the blocks done, but don't know if I have enough time to finish it. It will be close!
    Old 03-07-2016, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by rryder
    Hey all, thanks for explaining what a VQW is. I'll be working on this UFO (not Bubba, the quilt behind him LOL). It's all ditched and I originally prepared it for binding thinking that since it's a wall quilt it would be okay to leave those big white squares with the polka dots unquilted. Now I'm rethinking that- maybe something simple and mid-century modern like FMQing around the polka dots and then connecting them with straight lines in a matching thread. I also want to do something with the cream filler strips--maybe a matchstick texture, but maybe not LOL. You see my dilemma. It'll probably be bound in the same fabric as the backing, a steel grey kona cotton, but then again I've also got enough white kona cotton as well LOL.....
    Awe.....love the pooch!!
    Old 03-08-2016, 05:46 PM

A fidget quilt is a small quilt that keeps the hands busy for people with dementia or Alzheimer's.
    Thank you very much for the explanation, Dedemac. It's very thoughtful of you to do this kind of quilts.

I had a terrible headache on Sunday and couldn't do the cutting I was planning... well, maybe next weekend. Congrats to everybody on your projects, they are amazing! I love the Mexican Star, the giraffe, the happy and colourful bitty blocks... and all the rest. Thanks for sharing!