Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Foot

I would like to know your thoughts on using a walking foot. Do you like it, hate it, love it, when you use it, when you don't use it.....

I have never used mine and am wondering if it's a little miracle just waiting to happen for me.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I use mine for quilting and binding. I think it helps keep my stitches more even. My poor little machine has a tough time with thick things and the foot helps it along.

A walking foot is a good investment. I own a Janome 6500 and even that workhorse needs the even feed that it gets from a walking foot!

Blog Entries
    Many people just love them, I have used mine one time on potholders and it helped quilt them.

I waited for years to purchase mine, it just seemed so expensive. Now I wish I had not waited so long. I love it. It really makes a difference. No more little puckers on the backs! I hated getting to the point on a project that I had to quilt it , because as good as I was getting onthe piecing , the back would show I was still ... an novice. I would spend hours smoothing , and smoothing and still little puckers. My walking foot and spray basting changed everything.

Blog Entries
    It would be hard for me to quilt without mine LOL
    I use it for binding, quilting, sometimes to add borders on too. Once you start using it? You will wonder why you waited so long :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    my machines have built in IDT and I use it for both piecing and machine quilting, love it!

Love it! No more fabric moving in it's own direction!

pab

Blog Entries
    oh my goodness, take that walking foot out of storage and start using it.Once you try it,you will never be happy without it.Good luck pab

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    It makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD! The loftier the batter, the MORE difference it makes. Sometimes I use it for piecing, too ... just so I won't have to change feet for a few quick seams. Definitely invest in one, no question.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast