Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmarts that still have fabric????

I think we should start a topic on what Walmarts still have fabric. There aren't many around here in Ohio.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    I still have the three around me. One about 5 minutes away, and two about 20 minutes away, different directions. None show any signs of closing their fabric depts.
    ~ yet anyways.
    :-)

Blog Entries
    there are close to 50 topics here that discuss walmart fabric departments. do you mean we should try making a list of those that still have them?

Hinesville, GA (i'd give the selection 3 stars out of 5; the staff get 5 stars)
    Jesup, GA (selection 3.5 stars; have only been once so can't rate the staff)

There are 4 Walmarts in Hawaii (Oahu) and as far as I've been told ALL of them still have their fabric.

The Leavenworth Kansas store just competed building a new store and much to the delight of the manager there is NO fabric. He seemed quite pleased passing on that news to anyone who asked. I will admit, the close out sales were good but so sad in a way. Local cities that have fabric depts. Atchenson Kansas, the Bonner Springs, Kansas store, the far North store in St. Joseph, Missouri ( there are 2 super stores 4 miles apart ). There are several Walmarts in Kansas City that do have fabric but these are the ones closest to me. You can pull up the Walmart home page and list of all stores, then call before going to see if there is fabric or not. Saves time and gas but please, be nice to the person on the phone....they aren't happy that the fabric is gone either!!

As much as we complained over the past several years, I was hoping that corperate would change their minds but from what I've been told, all fabric depts will be gone by the end of the year or early into 2010. Period end of discussion........... :roll:

jodimarie in Leavenworth Kansas

Here in Evansville, Indiana, there are 2 WalMarts. The one closest to my house still has fabric but the other does not.

I have three Walmart's and went to all. I was told that we would not be losing fabric in any of our Walmart's because of the Amish community and how difficult it is for them to get to some of the dozen other fabric places in the area.

Burnham, Pa yes
    State College, Pa by the mall yes
    State College , Pa by Wegmans yes

Phx AZ is very big but all the Walmarts I have been to still have fabric.
    I talk to the clerks and they all say it will be fazed out sometime in the future. Some are shrinking the fabric dept by adding more craft items.

Huntsville, AL - ALL of the Walmarts still have fabric to one extent or another.
    Two have really really nice $1.50 tables - the one on Drake and the one on N. Mem Pkwy
    But so far they all still have fabric. I'm sure a few of them (like University) it won't be long before it's gone. Their departments are just sad.

The Wal-mart near me in Waterville, Maine still has their fabric and they are redoing their craft section to make it bigger and better! The one about 20 miles from me in Augusta is doing the same thing! Thank goodness! Thats where I get most of my fabric besides Joanns.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast