Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmarts that still have fabric????

I think we should start a topic on what Walmarts still have fabric. There aren't many around here in Ohio.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    I still have the three around me. One about 5 minutes away, and two about 20 minutes away, different directions. None show any signs of closing their fabric depts.
    ~ yet anyways.
    :-)

Blog Entries
    there are close to 50 topics here that discuss walmart fabric departments. do you mean we should try making a list of those that still have them?

Hinesville, GA (i'd give the selection 3 stars out of 5; the staff get 5 stars)
    Jesup, GA (selection 3.5 stars; have only been once so can't rate the staff)

There are 4 Walmarts in Hawaii (Oahu) and as far as I've been told ALL of them still have their fabric.

The Leavenworth Kansas store just competed building a new store and much to the delight of the manager there is NO fabric. He seemed quite pleased passing on that news to anyone who asked. I will admit, the close out sales were good but so sad in a way. Local cities that have fabric depts. Atchenson Kansas, the Bonner Springs, Kansas store, the far North store in St. Joseph, Missouri ( there are 2 super stores 4 miles apart ). There are several Walmarts in Kansas City that do have fabric but these are the ones closest to me. You can pull up the Walmart home page and list of all stores, then call before going to see if there is fabric or not. Saves time and gas but please, be nice to the person on the phone....they aren't happy that the fabric is gone either!!

As much as we complained over the past several years, I was hoping that corperate would change their minds but from what I've been told, all fabric depts will be gone by the end of the year or early into 2010. Period end of discussion........... :roll:

jodimarie in Leavenworth Kansas

Here in Evansville, Indiana, there are 2 WalMarts. The one closest to my house still has fabric but the other does not.

I have three Walmart's and went to all. I was told that we would not be losing fabric in any of our Walmart's because of the Amish community and how difficult it is for them to get to some of the dozen other fabric places in the area.

Burnham, Pa yes
    State College, Pa by the mall yes
    State College , Pa by Wegmans yes

Phx AZ is very big but all the Walmarts I have been to still have fabric.
    I talk to the clerks and they all say it will be fazed out sometime in the future. Some are shrinking the fabric dept by adding more craft items.

Huntsville, AL - ALL of the Walmarts still have fabric to one extent or another.
    Two have really really nice $1.50 tables - the one on Drake and the one on N. Mem Pkwy
    But so far they all still have fabric. I'm sure a few of them (like University) it won't be long before it's gone. Their departments are just sad.

The Wal-mart near me in Waterville, Maine still has their fabric and they are redoing their craft section to make it bigger and better! The one about 20 miles from me in Augusta is doing the same thing! Thank goodness! Thats where I get most of my fabric besides Joanns.

Ours in Council Bluffs does not have fabric.

Blog Entries
    The WalMart here, the only place where fabric was available for 30+ miles, got rid of all bolts of fabric. Now it has a pitiful selection of fat quarters and a few jelly rolls. No name brand. No thread either. The store was bombarded with protests about the fabric dept. going away, this is a semi rural area with lots of people that sew their clothes. The fabric clerks were told the fabric dept. will stay because there was no other fabric store close by. One day I went and all the fabric was marked down 50%, after two days the fabric left was packed on a truck and hauled off.

kwhite, I am so glad you posted. The Walmarts by me and in Eastern PA no longer have the fabric, even one that's in a major Amish area. (They don't buy all those little flower patterns, alas.) Maybe I'll make a pilgrimage up to State College to see what they have. (I'll call first to make sure I don't get there the day after they ship them out. :? )

My Walmart here in Columbus with a Hilliard zip code still has fabric and the lady says she still is ordering more. Yahoo!

I will have to find the walmart in Columbus. I go to columbus from time to time.

Our Walmart is near the intersection of Hilliard Rome Rd. and interstate 70 going north. There is a Meijer across the street.

Well, I am very bad at directions but I will have my husband map it out for me the next time Im going to Columbusy.
    Judy

Queensbury NY 12804 we still have fabric. Saratoga no.

I think I need to move. lol

brand-new super-size walmart in metuchen, new jersey had no fabric from it's beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
    Queensbury NY 12804 we still have fabric. Saratoga no.
    where is queensbury, new york?

I think that when they redo the walmarts the get rid of the fabric. I think its horrible. I mean, if they don't want to cut it we can cut it ourselves.
    Judy in Ohio

I have an older version walmart Bloomingdale, IL has fabric. There is a super Walmart that does have fabric and I think it is in Bolingbrook, IL. I've only been there once and that was when hubby and I were leaving town.
    Hubby just told me it was south of Plainfield so it wasn't Bolingbrook.
    Oh yeah, Gulf Shores, Al Supercenter DOES have fabric.

The one closest to me does and they are getting new fabrics too! They took the hint when people complained and they will be staying!The manager of that dept told me.

Banned
    Staunton , Va , no fabric . Waynesboro , Va has fabric . Annie

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast