Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wanted to say Thank You!! >

Wanted to say Thank You!!

Wanted to say Thank You!!

Old 07-05-2014, 07:21 PM

Default Wanted to say Thank You!!

My husband and I spent the evening last night putting my sewing machine on the rack and connecting the stitch regulator. I couldn't have done it without all of the advice you all have offered over the last few weeks and I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate all of your words of wisdom and kindness. I asked a lot of questions and was rather confused/overwhelmed, and had more enthusiasm than brains at some points! This process has been 10 years in the making, which is a very long story about a blended family and not much mom time, so I am very grateful for the advice I've been given.

I have five quilts on my mind at this point, and I'm really hoping they can be done by Christmas. 4 are OBW's-- two "matching" ones for my little nieces, one for my dad that I started in 2009, and one for my brother (fabric just ordered.) Those are the priority, but I'd also like to start working on a quilt for my bed.

Anyway. Thanks again, you all were awesome in helping me get set up!! I have a few more little nitpicky projects to get my sewing room sorted out, and then I'll send pics of all I've been up to.

xo
Ally

Last edited by AllyStitches; 07-05-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:30 PM

Oh, I also wanted to say that I hope to contribute to the board in a positive way. I don't really have a lot of expertise but maybe I can add things here and there. :-)
Old 07-05-2014, 10:23 PM

I'm glad you were able to get the advice you needed. I've certainly asked a lot of questions here as well, and have been so pleased with all the nice and helpful replies. I wouldn't have even started my current project if it wasn't for all the helping hands here
Old 07-06-2014, 04:38 AM

This board is the absolute best!! I start my day by reading the daily digest and as I have time during the day check other postings. I have learned so much along the way.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter View Post
This board is the absolute best!! I start my day by reading the daily digest and as I have time during the day check other postings. I have learned so much along the way.
I've been a member of this awesome board for several years. Sometimes I hesitate to ask questions, but eventually they are answered right along. I really hate to ask this question, but I have been wondering...lately the "daily digest" has been mentioned a couple of times. How do I get into the daily digest?
Old 07-06-2014, 01:06 PM

I have been a member for many years. Seldom do I ask a question, but when I did, it was answered within 5 minutes! Their suggestion worked and saved me many dollars at the machine doctor. Thanks everyone!!
Old 07-07-2014, 12:00 AM

The daily digest is in the "Main" forum, so you should be able to locate it by clicking on "Main" You will then have the choice of staying on the "Main" Forum, or going to the Antique and Vintage Machine Enthusiasts sections. I'm sure there are those out there who are much more familiar with the web site than I who can help you out! Enjoy reading!

Jeanette
Old 07-07-2014, 05:57 AM

I agree with all of you. This board is wonderful. The people are so nice and encouraging - they're just amazing.