Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • This week's motivational pep talk! >
  • This week's motivational pep talk!

• This week's motivational pep talk!

Old 01-16-2013, 06:04 AM

this sounds like a great motivator that I need to take advantage of so count me in! about 2 mos. ago I made a list of things I've wanted to sew/make...so far only two are completed, but I'm sticking with it. This thread may just be the thing to keep me on task! Right now I'm working on a couple of shirts for my son so I'll be counting on you QB friends to help me stay the course....good luck to all of us and looking forward to see what we get accomplished!! BTW, my list has40 items that I originally typed up and 5 hand written items that I thought of after I printed out my list....only two things on the list are completed! So QB'rs....you have your work cut out for you!!! (keeping me on task...LOL!!!)
    Old 01-16-2013, 06:16 AM

I'm in. I work full time and it is tax time.... However, I have doing pilates a minimum of 10 minutes each morning. My walk with the dog has been curtailed (usually do 3 miles each am) because of bad road conditions ) don't want to be "roadkill" since I walk in the dark with a black dog. Even with a light and reflective gear we have had close calls during good weather where I can get off the road on to the side. Can't do that so well with the snowbanks...

So I am trying to do 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour of quilting before I leave. Working on FMQing a quilt I have had sandwiched for more than 3 years. I started working on it in this fashion on Monday. I have 18 squares done - only 30 more to go. Hope to have it ready for binding by the end of this weekend. I do some more quilting when I get home from work, after DH and I make & eat dinner. Good way to spend the dark, cold, evenings.

Have a project I need to get started on for my niece. Also need to organize my fabric and sewing things. I'm spread out all over. So lots to do.

Let's keep motivating each other!
    Old 01-16-2013, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by coopah
    Aw, geeze! And I'm here in the backwoods on NW PA without my machine. I am staying out of the quilt shops (3) and concentrating on some counted cross stitch switch covers that have been hanging around about 3 years. Good progress so far. No TV...imagine! Makes life way simple!
    No TV!!!! No machine!!!! Got scissors and fabric and a needle? Sew by hand!!! You will love the it!
    Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 AM

I can't wait to see everyone's progress!!! Get ready to post pictures on Saturday!!!
    Old 01-16-2013, 06:46 AM

Well I am clearing out and organizing as I pack, does that count? LOL
    Old 01-16-2013, 07:45 AM

I'm in. Organizing my sewing room is first and foremost on my list. I cut a quilt last night to sew at next week's guild meeting. Bought another FW that needs cleaning and oiling. I need to get at least one more quilt cut for guild sewing, so I need the motivation!
    Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Ohh I am crocheting right now .. so sewing/quilting/crafting is just in the "on hold" folder for right now. Just making copies of instructions, looking at fabric shops and reading. Kinda no "mood" to quilt, but happy for others that have their mojo a going fast and furious. Hopefully my quilting mojo will hurry up and get back to me .. LOL
    Old 01-16-2013, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by BETTY62
    I have 3 quilts that I need to put the binding on that I walk past every day, look at and say maybe later. Hopefully I will follow your lead and complete at least one of them this week. Then again, maybe not.......
    Hey Betty, wish I was close enough to help with your bindings. I must be odd since I enjoy doing bindings. Even the handsewing on the back in front of TV. Just pick one of yours up & go for it. GET BUSY!!! Is this motivation or bullying? Ha ha ha.
    Old 01-16-2013, 09:28 AM

I have my UFO list made - well partially made because I did not delve into the plastic tote under my cutting table. Those can be for the next UFO list. Participating in the fabric moratorium also and have bunches of scraps cut into manageable squares and strips. Cleaned off a couple shelves and in the process of getting rid of old mags and books. Now, if I could just get motivated to sit down and sew! My present excuse is getting ready for my guild's quilt show (which involves a lot of computer time and paperwork).
    Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 AM

Well, have been trying to get some sewing done. Been down in my neck and shoulder for over a week so finally had to go see the dr. So I had this UFO on the wall, I have sliced it, and diced it, and put it to gether and taken it apart, and sometimes, just sometimes, the most humane thing to do is turn it loose and let it move on. So this morning, after a short prayer, I folded it nicely, gave it a kiss and a hug and slowly lowered it in to the box which will move on to someone else. After a chicken salad sandwich in memorium and some goldfish, the cutting table has been cleared, as has my conscience, and onward to new beginnings.