Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
This week's motivational pep talk! >

This week's motivational pep talk!

This week's motivational pep talk!

Old 01-15-2013, 09:00 AM

Since our move into our new house, I have not been able to get much in the way of quilting done. I have several UFO's that need to be finished, still need to refold and stack boxes of fabrics to fit on the new shelves, and the list goes on. I am also trying to make a couch cover...that is going to be first on the list today.

Motivation, its our goal....Motivation it feels so great....Motivation RAH, RAH, RAH (lol...just trying to help)
Old 01-15-2013, 09:47 AM

One thing I've been trying to do is cut down on computer time and spend more time doing what I really want to do. I find, however, that it isn't enough time to check FB, email, QB and other things I want to do! Alas! But I do get more done when I spend less time on the computer.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:00 AM

As I was reorganizing my "quilts to be made", I found some fabrics for projects that have been in plastic baggies for up to two years. Egad!!! What beautiful fabrics I had forgotten about. Took them all out and placed them where I can now see them and USE THEM!! Must do this more often, fewer trips to buy fabric for me. Whoopee, save money, I like that.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

Amen to that!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:53 AM

Does it matter if you can write your name on the dust on the furniture. I hate housework after 55 years. There ought to be some kind of law or something that says you are forbidden to do housework after 65 yrs young. Don't you agree?I am In .
Old 01-15-2013, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
Does it matter if you can write your name on the dust on the furniture. I hate housework after 55 years. There ought to be some kind of law or something that says you are forbidden to do housework after 65 yrs young. Don't you agree?I am In .
That's why I have been saying that I need a wife. I'm great at what I do well. Unfortunately, housework isn't one of them.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:16 PM

Every year this is my resolution. i have a very well equipped sewing room and I need to spend more time in it. i made a list of the things i need to work on and then the puter took a break. It really broke. So I'm on the laptop and winging it. Now I'm going to the sewing room. Maybe i will post what i get done, later.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:38 PM

My first thing on the list is to learn to say "NO>" Have two more projects to finish that I didn't say no to last year, so now I'm committed. Yes, less time on the computer and more time doing useful things. Hemmed one pair of jeans tonight, 4 more to go. I've got curtains to make for sewing room, bedroom and rug and shower curtain for both bathrooms. Quilting books are separated, now to get them ready to list for sale or trade. The list is unbelieveable. Then I get computer work coming in and sewing is limited. Oh, well, all's well, if I live that long. Darn you, Leesa, see - now you have us all committed, we'll see how that works out. Don't forget to do your emails though. Until later, Blessings.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:20 AM

Need to count me in... I have had some ups and downs lately... need to be motivated and keep focused.. I am needing to be reminded to keep my "grateful" thoughts coming... I have so much to be grateful for and need to get some things done!!
hugs
quiltinmama
Old 01-16-2013, 05:53 AM

Aw, geeze! And I'm here in the backwoods on NW PA without my machine. I am staying out of the quilt shops (3) and concentrating on some counted cross stitch switch covers that have been hanging around about 3 years. Good progress so far. No TV...imagine! Makes life way simple!