Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: This week's motivational pep talk!

Quote Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
    Does it matter if you can write your name on the dust on the furniture. I hate housework after 55 years. There ought to be some kind of law or something that says you are forbidden to do housework after 65 yrs young. Don't you agree?I am In .
    That's why I have been saying that I need a wife. I'm great at what I do well. Unfortunately, housework isn't one of them.
    Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out.
    Renee

Every year this is my resolution. i have a very well equipped sewing room and I need to spend more time in it. i made a list of the things i need to work on and then the puter took a break. It really broke. So I'm on the laptop and winging it. Now I'm going to the sewing room. Maybe i will post what i get done, later.

Blog Entries
    My first thing on the list is to learn to say "NO>" Have two more projects to finish that I didn't say no to last year, so now I'm committed. Yes, less time on the computer and more time doing useful things. Hemmed one pair of jeans tonight, 4 more to go. I've got curtains to make for sewing room, bedroom and rug and shower curtain for both bathrooms. Quilting books are separated, now to get them ready to list for sale or trade. The list is unbelieveable. Then I get computer work coming in and sewing is limited. Oh, well, all's well, if I live that long. Darn you, Leesa, see - now you have us all committed, we'll see how that works out. Don't forget to do your emails though. Until later, Blessings.
    sewellie

It takes real skill to choke on air, fall upstairs and trip over completely nothing .... I have that skill!!!

My plate may be full, but my cup runneth over with blessings.

Need to count me in... I have had some ups and downs lately... need to be motivated and keep focused.. I am needing to be reminded to keep my "grateful" thoughts coming... I have so much to be grateful for and need to get some things done!!
    hugs
    quiltinmama

Blog Entries
    Aw, geeze! And I'm here in the backwoods on NW PA without my machine. I am staying out of the quilt shops (3) and concentrating on some counted cross stitch switch covers that have been hanging around about 3 years. Good progress so far. No TV...imagine! Makes life way simple!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

this sounds like a great motivator that I need to take advantage of so count me in! about 2 mos. ago I made a list of things I've wanted to sew/make...so far only two are completed, but I'm sticking with it. This thread may just be the thing to keep me on task! Right now I'm working on a couple of shirts for my son so I'll be counting on you QB friends to help me stay the course....good luck to all of us and looking forward to see what we get accomplished!! BTW, my list has40 items that I originally typed up and 5 hand written items that I thought of after I printed out my list....only two things on the list are completed! So QB'rs....you have your work cut out for you!!! (keeping me on task...LOL!!!)

I'm in. I work full time and it is tax time.... However, I have doing pilates a minimum of 10 minutes each morning. My walk with the dog has been curtailed (usually do 3 miles each am) because of bad road conditions ) don't want to be "roadkill" since I walk in the dark with a black dog. Even with a light and reflective gear we have had close calls during good weather where I can get off the road on to the side. Can't do that so well with the snowbanks...

So I am trying to do 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour of quilting before I leave. Working on FMQing a quilt I have had sandwiched for more than 3 years. I started working on it in this fashion on Monday. I have 18 squares done - only 30 more to go. Hope to have it ready for binding by the end of this weekend. I do some more quilting when I get home from work, after DH and I make & eat dinner. Good way to spend the dark, cold, evenings.

Have a project I need to get started on for my niece. Also need to organize my fabric and sewing things. I'm spread out all over. So lots to do.

Let's keep motivating each other!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by coopah View Post
    Aw, geeze! And I'm here in the backwoods on NW PA without my machine. I am staying out of the quilt shops (3) and concentrating on some counted cross stitch switch covers that have been hanging around about 3 years. Good progress so far. No TV...imagine! Makes life way simple!
    No TV!!!! No machine!!!! Got scissors and fabric and a needle? Sew by hand!!! You will love the it!
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

Blog Entries
    I can't wait to see everyone's progress!!! Get ready to post pictures on Saturday!!!
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

Well I am clearing out and organizing as I pack, does that count? LOL

I'm in. Organizing my sewing room is first and foremost on my list. I cut a quilt last night to sew at next week's guild meeting. Bought another FW that needs cleaning and oiling. I need to get at least one more quilt cut for guild sewing, so I need the motivation!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Ohh I am crocheting right now .. so sewing/quilting/crafting is just in the "on hold" folder for right now. Just making copies of instructions, looking at fabric shops and reading. Kinda no "mood" to quilt, but happy for others that have their mojo a going fast and furious. Hopefully my quilting mojo will hurry up and get back to me .. LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
    I have 3 quilts that I need to put the binding on that I walk past every day, look at and say maybe later. Hopefully I will follow your lead and complete at least one of them this week. Then again, maybe not.......
    Hey Betty, wish I was close enough to help with your bindings. I must be odd since I enjoy doing bindings. Even the handsewing on the back in front of TV. Just pick one of yours up & go for it. GET BUSY!!! Is this motivation or bullying? Ha ha ha.

I have my UFO list made - well partially made because I did not delve into the plastic tote under my cutting table. Those can be for the next UFO list. Participating in the fabric moratorium also and have bunches of scraps cut into manageable squares and strips. Cleaned off a couple shelves and in the process of getting rid of old mags and books. Now, if I could just get motivated to sit down and sew! My present excuse is getting ready for my guild's quilt show (which involves a lot of computer time and paperwork).

Blog Entries
    Well, have been trying to get some sewing done. Been down in my neck and shoulder for over a week so finally had to go see the dr. So I had this UFO on the wall, I have sliced it, and diced it, and put it to gether and taken it apart, and sometimes, just sometimes, the most humane thing to do is turn it loose and let it move on. So this morning, after a short prayer, I folded it nicely, gave it a kiss and a hug and slowly lowered it in to the box which will move on to someone else. After a chicken salad sandwich in memorium and some goldfish, the cutting table has been cleared, as has my conscience, and onward to new beginnings.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Diet Dr. Pepper in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

can I retire???? that would solve all my problems!!

I am motiviated to sort/trim my scrap basket (almost done). Then I read that you should make a list of 10 quilts you would like to do. When one is finished add the next, never more than 10 on your list. I have put together 5 quilt kits so far and with a limit of only 10 I feel less stress with trying to keep up with what to do next. Sorted all magazines and vowed not to print any more patterns from the internet. I am also on a no fabric buying till my 10 wips are finished - I am on day 16! Awesome!
    Quilting makes me happy!..

I've been spending a lot of time watching videos online. I am learning things, so not all that time is wasted. But I do feel like a slug at the end of the day. I've a major project to get fmq and then 2 others in the planning stages of what to do, how to make this, since both are new methods for me. I do have a book to follow for each one, so hopefully I'll not encounter any problems.

Power Poster
    There must be something in the air. The last 2-3 weeks I have been attempting to clean and organize my sewing area, as well as clearing up some UFOs. I am nearly finished making the blocks from last year's Craftsy BOM - got behind when I fell, had neck surgery and 4 + months of rehab learning to walk and use my hands again. I was so proud of myself when I was able to drive again, so I wasn't a prisoner in my own home - my husband can't drive any more, and I've been motivated to finish that BOM and several other UFOs; so I'm making a dent and at least once a week I take a plastic tote of fabric, empty it and refold and reorganize, making more room in my totes so I can reduce the number of totes of fabrics I have in my "STASH" (too much fabric to say I have a "stash"). Keep up the good work and I'll try to keep up with your posts.

I am in I have de - cluttered my sewing room - done the magazines, and in the clean up found I have way too many kits arghhhhh! So cause we are going to have a very hot w/e - again may start one!

Quote Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
    Does it matter if you can write your name on the dust on the furniture. I hate housework after 55 years. There ought to be some kind of law or something that says you are forbidden to do housework after 65 yrs young. Don't you agree?I am In .
    The rule at our house is - it's OK to write your name in the dust - just don't date it !!!!!!!!!
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Blog Entries
    Sewingsuz, don't touch that furniture with you're hand. It'll show you haven't dusted in a while. I don't touch mine. And I dare anyone in this house to do that. Besides, it might scratch the furniture.!

Blog Entries
    I'm in. I have been trying to stick to my new rule for the new year, that I have to finish 2 UFO's to start a new project. So far so good. Of course the year has hardly started. Time for bed. The alarm seems to go off awfully early in the mornings.

I'm in. I'd get farther if I didn't have boot on foot for bone spur/Achilles tendon problem.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

I'm in. Trying to convert my daughter's room to my sewing room. Thanks for the motivation. Hoping to finish soon and get sewing. She just got her own house. Whoopie!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast