Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Well, I'm going to be different :) >

Well, I'm going to be different :)

Well, I'm going to be different :)

Old 11-06-2011, 09:20 AM

Yes, we all are 'learning'.

We had to learn: remote controls for tv's, vcr's, dvd's; some of those high fangled sewing machines; cell phones; etc, etc.

Sometimes it is how you look at things - Is your glass half empty or half full? Look for the positive not for the negative. IMHO negative gives me grey hairs and I don't need any more of those. hehehe
Old 11-06-2011, 09:24 AM

I think we will all have one or two things we miss from the other board. I miss being able to easily see which swaps are still open on the HOME page. However, I too like all the features this board offers. I also like the new chat. It feels more like it belongs. With all new things, it takes time, but the more I play, the more I like. THANKS to the developers for all their hard work and effort to make this board better.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:31 AM

I love this new board too! Get to customize your profile page, have a album, layout is about the same, I can select hide signatures, and more. I love folks signatures, but some folks' signatures are longer and larger than their posts.
So when I look at their profile page I read their signatures. Love the save post features while typing post. Like the hover the post and up pops the first sentence of the post. Love seeing how many have posted and how many have viewed. Each day I find more features to like.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:47 AM

I am liking it more every day. At first I felt like I had been thrown in the lake/pool with out a clue as to how to swim... But I am dog paddling my way around... ! Granted I may never be in the Board Olympics ..but I m getting to the deeper end of this pool , and it's not a bad place. Some cool things to play with !
Old 11-06-2011, 09:49 AM

All things, when we are unfamiliar with them, are a little uncomfortable, but with time and patience, we can always find the good in everything....I like it and it is getting easier to navigate as I use it. I feel that some folks did not give it a fair chance before becoming frustrated...hopefully they will come back and try again.
Michelle
Old 11-06-2011, 11:32 AM

Now that the shock is a few days old I am finding things I wished for on the original -like I can now go directly to the next topic without going back to the heading (arrows at bottom of postings) and like Quilterilla I love being able to see the post I'm responding to. .And deciding to find something I do like each day helps.The white background has become easier on my eyes today.I am positive I will figure out all the new stuff.