Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Went in to buy an Ottlite - Came out with an Embroidery Machine ! ! !

Went in to buy an Ottlite - Came out with an Embroidery Machine ! ! !

Hello Friends . . .

It's always a treat to go to Joann's; it's a good 45 min drive from me. I decided to take my 20% off entire purchase coupon for being a newie to the newsletter list & buy an ottlite; coupon good for regular and sale items. Lucked up on a desk lamp on clearance for $19.99 (after the math, $16 & change - not too shabby ).

Well . . .I also had fabric to get cut. The line was about 7 deep. As I was patiently waiting, I could hear the Viking Rep explain the in's & out's of a particular machine. I moved closer to the women to hear more & see the demos. When I finished at the cutting table, I engaged the Rep; we continued to talk about "the good, the bad, & the ugly" of this machine, AND I test drove that baby for 4.5 hours ! ! !

My husband put an APB out on me by blowing up my cell. Can't complain - at least he missed me .

Anyway . . . I came out with the H Class 600E. (I'm sure the embroidery veterans already know this. . . ) it's a sew/embroidery machine with a 4X4 & a 10X6 hoops, good software (to me, since I'm a RAW GREEN NEWBIE), user friendly, & I really like the workbook & manual I printed out for reference & to make notes. There a some you tube tutes to explore as well. For me, the price was right at $999 (not the floor model). Viking is retiring this line to bring bigger & better models in its place. I also gleaned that Singer, Pfaff, & Viking virtually roll off the same assembly line, so some applications are interchangeable - if I understood that correctly. And the best part: trade-in & trade-up value is a "win-win" situation even up to 14 months from purchase.

I'm ssssssssssoooooooooo excited - I'm going to dive in, fire him up (yes, my machines are MALES - I will be the only hormone in my sewing room ! ! ! !) & embroider something . . . Thanks for letting my share . . .Lots of questions to come . . . GP
    Create A Great Day ! ! ! !
    MQB-3 / RAB-2 / Booms 11 & 13 / Projects
    www.groovypiecesalbums.html

Congrats on your new machine. I bought a cheapie brother and absolutely love it. never thought I'd be an embroidery person, but I'm now a mad stalker looking for new patterns.
    ​Nancy

You will have TONS of fun!!! there are many free downloads you can try. Be sure to share your experiments with us.

My kind of shopper! Enjoy your new machine
    Lang may yer lum reek.

Plumtree and others,

Where do you find the free embroider downloads.....I'm new to all of this.

Thanks!

Go onto Yahoo groups.....there are groups on there that give great free designs.
    Gloria 

Blog Entries
    WOW I'd call that IMPULSE buying but seeing as you test drove him for 4 1/2 hours I don't know if it qualifies! Hahaha!

Sounds like you don't have any explaining to do about 'what you bought while you were out'.

Hey LADIES - I think we could show this thread to those that complain when we buy a few more yards of fabric! We could tell them "keep complaining and I'll shop for bigger and better" Hahaha! ROFL

AWESOME for YOU!
    Nan
    http://napquilting.com/
    http://alturl.com/euusk

My GOAL is always to ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

I think this is hysterical - and CONGRATULATIONS!! Glad to see you actually got the light as well - I love my OTT light.

You will have a great time with your machine - can not wait to see what you do with it.
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

Have fun with your new toy!!!!!!!!!!!! I have an old Pfaff (7570) embroidery machine and I keep it busy.
    When you feel like you are drowning in life, don't worry---
    Your Lifeguard walks on water.

Pat M.

Congrats ln your new machine,I am partial to vikings sine I have two,enjoy it
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast