Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What "quilty" did you get for Christmas?

You'll love EQ5. It is a lot of fun.

Is it hard to learn to use. It looks like its fun. I'm not real computer savy so I'm a little worried.

Hope you had a great day . I got some quilting gifts also I got a quilt chest and a gift card for a shop (50 dollars).

If you got the designer cookbook with the EQ5, that helps. You can learn a little at a time. I have had mine for a couple of years and just discovered a new function, yesterday, that is fabulous. Don't worry about learning it all, right away. It really is fin.

I really didn't get anything BUT my Uncle looked at what I have just started & called me after he got home to ask if I wanted all my grandmother's material. She's the one that signed me up for sewing lessons at the Singer store in our town when I was about 12. She's been gone since mid-1980's. I didn't even know that fabric she had was still around. What a treasure. She was a seamtress. I will value it & hope to make a quilt in the future after I start the Cathedral Windows quilt that I'm planning with my husband's families materal.

Linda

Boy, are you lucky to get such a stash! You'll have a ball trying to decide what to do with it.

Judyjo

Norah

I think blue and yellow would be very pretty, Those are truly my favorite colors, When your all done making it, I'll send you my address,

I'm still so excited about my gifts, I think my poor hubby thinks I'm completely crazy. I begged for a new ironing board and iron. He got me this huge wide totally sturdy board and this awesome new iron. And even some baskets and tools for the craft room. I really think he's hinting for me to stay out of his. And the most incredible thing was a cutting table, where the sides fold down!! No more horrible back pain.

I do have to say I'm falling behind. Some time last year, my mother had bought 2 panels of Snowmen. She gave me one, and we were to make each other a quilt out of it. Well, she finished hers and gave it to me. So....now, I gotta get off my tush and finish hers.

Well, BB, being as you got two of everything, I got dibs on the extras. You have a very thoughtful husband. Lucky, lucky. :wink: And Becky, as for you, you better plan on living a long, long life and then you can finish it for me, because I probably won't last another 20 years to finish that Hawaiian quilt. I figure that's about how long it will take. :shock:

My aunt made me a snowman wall quilt. It is made 100% by hand because she doesn't use a sewing machine! I love snowmen, and I never expected anything like that! SHe also made me a door stop. IT is a basset hound stuffed like a pillow, and there is a weight in the bottom so he sits up! He is so cute!
    My Mom made my Son a quilt and a matching pillow and pillow slip. She made my Daughter one a couple years ago.
    And, I saved the best for last, DH GOT ME A COMPUTERIZED BROTHER SE 270 D SEWING AND EMBROIDERY MACHINE! THAT'S THE DISNEY ONE! I'd wanted it for a long time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast