Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What is in this case and how do I get it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamagus
    I have found something that makes the lock turn... but I don't know whether to turn it clockwise or counterclockwise? Maybe someone who has a case could tell me that?

probably clockwise. At least my door locks turn that way.

Blog Entries
    in Newfoundland...i remember them comming to visit when i was ten and telling us Newfoundland was now part of Canada.
    This great uncle only had one arm because he lost the other "making a turn signal" while driving and he told me to be very careful when i learned to drive, believe me i never forgot that...family name is Evans, which is very common in Canada and Great Britain....sorry really off topic

The old hair pin?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QultingaddictUK
    I have found something that makes the lock turn... but I don't know whether to turn it clockwise or counterclockwise? Maybe someone who has a case could tell me that?
    I have one the same I will check out which way to turn it, I was also given a key just the other day, if it fits mine I can send it to you if you want it. Let me check it out first OK.

BTW if your DH damages that case I will RUN across the pond and beat him to death with a feather duster :twisted:

This is my one:

A Singer 201K sews the most wonderful straight stitch and one of Singer's best machines.
    Make sure the feather duster is full of dust first - and get right in his face!!!! :)

I have one just like that and no key. My DH opened it with a flat head screwdriver.

She was manufactured in 1935. She is a Model 128 with the LaVincendora Decal. Now I'd like to find out where she was manufactured! Would be lovely to make another connection of how trade was conducted in this island country in the 1930's. Newfoundland was an independent country until 1949 so that kind of thing fascinates me!

hmmmm.... how do I find this out?
    And she is beautiful. Not too often are the decals in that good of shape or that bright. You have a real treasure there.

CUTE...but WOW ! ! ! What a machine this one is....

Quote Originally Posted by newBe
    Congrats! Very pretty machine. Maybe your sister could babysit, but I certainly wouldn't place the machine up for adoption.

Blog Entries
    My eyes popped when I saw that beautiful machine. For those who enjoy Singer history of how their sewing machine came to be, you might enjoy a summer trip to the Thousand Islands on the St. Lawrence River and tour the Singer mansion on one of the islands. Many vintage machines are placed throughout the mansion.

Here she is in all her glory! Serial Number says she was manufactured in 1934.

What a beauty!
    Yes, she is so beautiful.

Senior Member quilter in the making's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, what a wonderful gift. She is definitely a beauty!

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast