Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do y'all use to hold your machine? >

What do y'all use to hold your machine?

What do y'all use to hold your machine?

Old 01-14-2010, 04:59 PM

Staples has nice "computer" tables for $20, that's what mine is.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:21 PM

Gosh my Brother SE350 sits on top of a piece of cardboard over the hole in my old sewing machine cabinet. I don't have any vibrations or moving around. It sounds like yours may need a tuning. While mine is working I sit at the computer and come to this site!LOL
Old 01-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Power Poster

I got my tables at IKEA. Since this pic was taken, I put a leg in the middle and now it doesn't shake the table anymore.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-60930.jpe  
Old 01-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dingle
I sew on my dining room table. To keep the machine from moving I bought a small roll of the shelf liner thats kind of like rubber. They use the same thing for rugs so they don't slip. You can buy a small roll at Wal-Mart for less then a buck. I cut it a little bigger then my machine and it doesn't move.
I use the same thing. My dad had some left over after he backed a rug. I was complaining about chasing my machine when I sewed. I tried it and it works great. I use it for my embroidery machine and it doesn't budge.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:23 PM

I use old sewing machine cabinets. I found several at yard sales. Sometimes there is machine it which may or may not work. I don't thing I've ever paid more than $5.00.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:52 PM

Hi,

I also have an Elegante and can relate to your table problem. I bought a big sturdy conference table from an office supply store, it's wood grain with stainless legs and it's so sturdy I could dance on it. I love it! Doesn't vibrate or wiggle at all when my Elegante is embroidering full speed. I have a sewing room in my basement and had the room for this bigger table. I have an Ellure and had an Esante and I could embroider on them on the white folding tables with not problem, but when I got my Elegante the table wasn't sturdy enough for the big machine.
It was a couple hundred dollars to buy, but it's like 5 ft. long and 30 inches wide, and like I said, sturdy as can be. I have room for my machine plus supplies and my laptop on it.
Hope this helps...

Bev
Old 01-14-2010, 07:54 PM

Hi,

I also have an Elegante and can relate to your table problem. I bought a big sturdy conference table from an office supply store, it's wood grain with stainless legs and it's so sturdy I could dance on it. I love it! Doesn't vibrate or wiggle at all when my Elegante is embroidering full speed. I have a sewing room in my basement and had the room for this bigger table. I have an Ellure and had an Esante and I could embroider on them on the white folding tables with not problem, but when I got my Elegante the table wasn't sturdy enough for the big machine.
It was a couple hundred dollars to buy, but it's like 5 ft. long and 30 inches wide, and like I said, sturdy as can be. I have room for my machine plus supplies and my laptop on it.
Hope this helps...

Bev
Old 01-14-2010, 07:58 PM

Whoops......sent it two times...sorry.

Your machine is probably just fine, it's vibrating and jumping because your table isn't sturdy enough for the weight and speed of the machine. I know exactly what you mean as that is what mine was doing....the Elegante is heavy....but oh I do love it and all its features!
You just need a sturdier table and all will be good.

Bev
Old 01-14-2010, 09:05 PM

I have a 6 foot banquet table that my machine sits on. It's on one end and I can cut on the other.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:17 PM

I got a beautiful sewing cabinet - it's a koala (I think...can't remember and am way too lazy to get up right now). Used, but a total bargain!