Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you have to the right of your sewing machine? >

What do you have to the right of your sewing machine?

What do you have to the right of your sewing machine?

Old 01-26-2014, 01:01 PM

Default What do you have to the right of your sewing machine?

Funny question, I know, but I'm working on having my husband build me a large sewing table. I want most of the table to the left, to hold the quilt when I FMQ. I was just thinking about how much space I want to the right, and that made me wonder what everyone keeps there.

Currently I have, bamboo cutlery box with many seam rippers, sizes of scissors, screwdrivers and cleaning tools to clean my machine, tweezers to pull the bobbin thread up through the quilt, those needles that thread at the top so you don't have to find the hole (love those!), a magnet to hold the needle that I use all the time when tying off, filled bobbins for the project I'm working on, and sewing machine needles. I also have a mug rug to put my drink on.

So, what do you have?
Old 01-26-2014, 01:03 PM

Pretty much the same on my table space.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:24 PM

Magnetic pin cushion for pins, scissors, cloth pincushion for needles, box of attachments for my sewing machine, small scrap bag for threads/snippets. I have a small drawer in my cabinet for bobbins, seam ripper, seam gauge, more needles, walking foot.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:30 PM
pw6

all you can get.LOL. you never have enough room for tools and extra's I even have a table with wire baskets to hold scraps at the end of my table .. righ not I have 4 tables and my cutting table and wish i had room for more. you need to have extra room for you serger also as you will use it a lot. I make an entire quilt top using the serger.. and have 4 sewing machines set up all the time plus my embroidery machine and a 72" long narrow table set up to hold my studio die cutter.. and shelves out the wazoo, and cabinets and cabinets of fabric. I have outgrown the 2 car garage.. If i ever get the space and can design my own quilting room it will be HUGE..
Old 01-26-2014, 01:30 PM

My machine is butted just up to the edge of the table. I have nothing on that side of my machine. I do have a smaller nightstand-sized table on the right side of my chair that has pin cushions, flower pot for marking pens, scissors, seam rippers, etc. My sewing table (and sewing space) is VERY limited right now, so I have to use the whole table surface for quilting, piecing, and cutting.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:52 PM

I have a tray for sewing notions on the right of my machine.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:59 PM

An empty coffee cup, and a glass of water, along with the sewing tools.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:17 PM

Pins all over the place, thread, scissors, seam ripper, free motion foot, and pins all over the place.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:25 PM
Power Poster

I only have about 4 inches of empty space to the right. I am going to get the soap dish with the suction cups to stick on that side of my machine for my thread snips that someone posted about. I tend to clear off everything from my table when FMQ .
Old 01-26-2014, 02:30 PM

My sewng machine is on an L-shaped table with my serger on the right of me. Now in the elbow of the L is lots and lots of stuff.