Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you have to the right of your sewing machine? >

What do you have to the right of your sewing machine?

What do you have to the right of your sewing machine?

Old 01-29-2014, 11:50 AM

Another post reminded me. My ironing board is a cabinet in the wall, and I have a 'big board' that fits over it. It's behind me when I sew, and if I want, while working on a quilt piece only, I can swivel the it to rest on a couple of blocks on that 18" section of 'counter' to the right on my machine.
I rarely do that as I think I'm getting exercise when I stand up to use the iron.
Right? Huh, Huh? I'm right?
Attached Thumbnails dsc09056.jpg   dsc09055.jpg  

Last edited by RugosaB; 01-29-2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: forgot the pics
Old 01-30-2014, 07:31 AM

A crock of sewing tools, pin cushion, a pile of leaders & enders and a can of coke!My mini pressing table is to the right of my chair.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:04 AM

I have one of those small plastic 3-drawer rolling carts to the right of my machine. In the bottom (large drawer) I keep little scraps that I use for leaders/enders. Next drawer up is stuff like tube turners, elastic pullers...mostly non-quilting sewing tools. Next drawer up is stuff for FMQ - my gloves, my fingertip thingies (which I never use), a roll of stencil paper (that gold stuff..can't remember the name). Also "spare" stuff - extra rotary blades and seam rippers mostly. Top drawer is usually left hanging open; that's where my bobbins go (one compartment for empty, one for filled), a compartment full of the hair bands I use on my bobbins, my various marking tools are here too (one compartment for erasables like mark-b-gone and chalk; another compartment for pigma pens), a small transparent ruler I use for marking sewing lines when joining binding, also spare pins.

On top, I have a tray that holds a wire basket full of my red clover clips (I love those things), an old beat up pewter mug to hold small scissors and snips, another mug full of regular pens and also a couple paintbrushes I use to clean my machine. I have two small bowls that I use to keep things like the end of whatever Aurifil thread is on the machine, the bobbins for whatever project I'm currently working on, etc.

And then there's a little crevice where my machine sinks into the table where I poke my bamboo stiletto so it's RIGHT there by my hand as I'm sewing.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:52 PM

A sewing cabinet my DH made that holds my sewing boxes and some additional tools that don't fit in the drawer on my sewing table.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:16 PM

I have a tall lamp to the right of me, to cast light over my work area. When working actively on a project, there may also be some bobbin, thread, needles or whatnot sitting there ready for use.