Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19

Thread: what do you wear?

Thahnk God!!!! Yes...I knew I wasn't the only one who thought that bras should be banned!!! Invented by a man no doubt!! I wear dark t's with shirts over them when I am out and can get away without wearing one in public most of the time. Wear one only when I know I will be hugging someone and wouldn't want to embarass them!! LOL

Dee
    I dress for comfort. And what you wear is about the same as my sewing/quilting outfits. Cool in summer and warm in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by seamstome
    My sewing room is ungodly hot. Something about being in the peak on the southern exposure. It will be 95-100 degrees in there.

Anyway, in the summer, if nobody is around I quilt in a sleeveless teeshirt and panties. The rest of the year, I usually wear a teeshirt and shorts or thin PJ like sweats. No shoes ever. And nothing ever that feels tight.
    Hey that sounds like my room until I got awnings in July they really keep that afternoon sun out. temp is never over 80.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    Quote Originally Posted by jitkaau
    What else (?) - my diamond tiara and plastic sling - backs...
    is that all? :shock:

:mrgreen:
    In the summer, it's more comfortable to quilt this way...besides the fan hits more skin this way :wink:

When you have to get dressed everyday to go to work I love to come home and take off my work clothes and bra of course and get comfy, if somebody comes to my door they see what they get, if they don't like it they don't have to come or call first and give me some warning and of course I don't even have to answer the door if it is a soliciter!

Quote Originally Posted by roserips
    You should read the introduction in the old Singer sewing books. Not one of us here does what they recommended! Rise in the morning and dress for the day make sure our stocking seams are straight and our hair and make up done. (quit frankly I never take the time) Then get our choirs and housework done. I would much rather be sewing. As for what I wear, I gave up jeans years ago as they never are comfortable for me and I make my own dresses, ones with out zips that I can pull on over my head and have pockets in them,then a comfy pair of socks as I prefer no shoes when sewing, not even slippers.
    Read it before and what a hoot, I am from that generation and we used to wear hats and gloves to church too!

I have to sew with no shoes too. When I take classes I wear slip ons so I can take it off while my foot is on the pedal. I feel I have more control on the foot pedal.

Bev
    I wear something very comfortable, just like you. I have many pairs of those pajama looking pants for winter, and shorts (baggy) with sleeveless t-shirts in spring/summer.
    Who can sew for hours at a time if they are not totally comfortable? I sew in my bare feet, winter or summer.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19