Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what do you wear? >

what do you wear?

what do you wear?

Old 10-26-2010, 08:52 PM

I wear what ever I feel most comfy in, nothing heavy are binding and flip flops in the summer and the same for winter
except I put on a warmer thin made House robe over the pj's
Old 10-27-2010, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by stevendebbie25
Be comfortable, I'm usually alone in the country, hubby works away from home, so jeans & comfortable. I learned from a quilt retreat, how many wear an apron, keeps the strings off your clothes, adds a pocket for keeping seam ripper or snips handy. Tried it, liked it, I can run to town and not look like I'm the dust mop now.
Great idea -- the apron, I mean. If I've been out of the house, I stay in whatever I put on that morning. If I start early in the morning, I'm in my PJs. But I've got my laced up and tied tennis shoes. I have a swelling problem in my feet and that seems to help. Doesn't look too bad with the pj's, but it's not too cute with the nightie. :lol:
Old 10-27-2010, 03:05 AM

I work from home as a crochet designer and I wear my pajamas most of the time when I work! If I'm not in my pajamas, I'm in sweats and a tshirt... sometimes fuzzy spa socks :D
Old 10-27-2010, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
LOL you don't have to kid! I think there are alot of us that if given the day, we will stay in our jammies all day until we absolutely have to get dressed. When DH goes out of state (which is VERY seldom) I may not get dressed for 2 days! I'm here by myself, no one here to smell good for!
Love it!
Old 10-27-2010, 03:59 AM

OK, some 'tude in your defense...when someone drops by unannounced or uninvited, where do they get off critisizing sp? what you wear? They should be happy creative you would want to spend valuable time with them. One needs to be comfortably dressed to do their best work. There, I feel better now!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:16 AM

It's all about comfy!!! old pair of shorts & t-shirt....
Old 10-27-2010, 08:11 AM

I usually wear shorts and the coolest tops I own(I sweat so much living in FL.) and NO BRA or underwear. I dress for MY comfort, but do dress nice when out in public. Sometimes I put on a DUSTER(that's what I call them) or housedress.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:45 AM

You should read the introduction in the old Singer sewing books. Not one of us here does what they recommended! Rise in the morning and dress for the day make sure our stocking seams are straight and our hair and make up done. (quit frankly I never take the time) Then get our choirs and housework done. I would much rather be sewing. As for what I wear, I gave up jeans years ago as they never are comfortable for me and I make my own dresses, ones with out zips that I can pull on over my head and have pockets in them,then a comfy pair of socks as I prefer no shoes when sewing, not even slippers.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
I have what I call my 'house' clothes, mainly old stained and stretched out tee's, sweatshirts and knit pants. Recently realized that's most of what's hanging in my closet so I'm tossing the really ugly and stained stuff.
May, you sound like me. I have one t-shirt that I have worn around the house since my 32 year old was a pre-teen! I come home from work and put on shorts/sweats/tshirt. I too am trying to clean out the really OLD and hideous shirts!!

PatinAtlanta
Old 10-27-2010, 11:12 AM

Every morning I get myself dressed up as if I was going out to work or meeting friends for shopping or what ever. This includes applying makeup, fixing hair up and putting on jewelery. A few years ago I went through a bout of depression where I didn't get dressed for days. Part of my therapy was to get up and get dressed each day as if I had an important meeting every day. I still follow this routine each day. I don't wear sweats; can't control my waistline with them on. I do love jeans and t's though. But you could find me at my machine wearing a 2 piece outfit. Threads?? lint roller and miracle brushes work wonders.