Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what does your sewing box look like ? >

what does your sewing box look like ?

what does your sewing box look like ?

Old 04-06-2015, 03:48 PM

I don't have a sewing box! I'd need a trunk if I could get it all in one place at the same time.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:50 PM

I could fill a small sewing shop with my supplies!

I have a hand sewing box though, for my hexies and any other hand sewing. It's one of those 3-tier clear plastic bins that snap together and the top has a handle. The top compartment is divided into little cubbies for my pincushion, needles, thread heaven, thread, snips, hexie templates, etc. Middle and bottom are probably about 8"x5" and about 1-1/2" deep each. Middle one is scrap squares, bottom one holds all my finished hexies and assembled "flowers". If I take it somewhere to go, I leave the bottom bin behind. If I need to do general hand sewing I only take the top section. It's very handy.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
I use a plastic tool box that has three tiers to store things. The top two tiers are shallow and are perfect for needles, pins, and small tools, these top two sections accordion out and let you see what is in the deep bottom section. I love this box because it has a handle, it's lightweight and easy to carry.
I also use a plastic tool box! It's open most of the time though so I don't carry it anyplace.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

I used to have a tool box. now I just have piles of stuff I use. one in the living room. a few in the sewing room. stuff like that. I o have some shoe boxes filled with thread and some on the wall too.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:24 PM

OH dear... Okay, going RIGHT NOW to sort/clean it out!!
Old 04-06-2015, 07:32 PM

I have an old plastic sewing box with a small tray. It is not nearly as neat as your box! I'm terribly embarrassed! Most of my things are in various drawers either in sewing table; dresser; laying on top of tables; etc. I do have a smallish leather zip pouch that I can fit my hand-sewing items in for travel though. But even that gets messy!
Old 04-06-2015, 08:15 PM

No sewing box. I use a two sided tackle box, and a clear large tote....plus...as others have said...a pile here, there, everywhere!!!
Old 04-07-2015, 02:59 AM

I have a charming old sewing box that unfolds in the center (either side can be opened or left closed) and when opened, there are 3 tiers. I have had it about 20 years and have other keepsakes stored in it, not just sewing item.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
I have a charming old sewing box that unfolds in the center (either side can be opened or left closed) and when opened, there are 3 tiers.
oh I love those, they are called accordion I think. Is it wood?
Old 04-07-2015, 06:34 AM

I took a look at your picture and my first thought was "I wish". I, like many others who have commented, have boxes, totes, bins, and baskets to organized my stuff. I have one box for zippers, one box for elastics, one three drawer box for threads on regular spools, two boxes for threads on cones. I have a shoe hanger that holds my rolls of freezer paper, fusibles, stabilizers, and that waffle weave drawer liner. I have two large pencil cases that are my applique kits - needles, thread, pins, markers, scissors - one for each project I am currently working on.

I vaguely remember the day when I could fit all my sewing stuff in one box, but that was many, many years ago.