Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WHAT KIND OF APPLIQUE >

WHAT KIND OF APPLIQUE

WHAT KIND OF APPLIQUE

Old 01-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Izy

I am conscious of that....but like you I am constantly searching out new patterns...I Will make it one of my new years resolutions :D
Old 01-04-2009, 11:08 AM

There are many great patterns for applique and several ways to do it. The three most common ways are needle-turn, freezer paper and fusible web. I personally like fusible web. On my site I explain how to do all three. Also I use the following site http://www.coloring.ws/ for patterns. Good luck with what you decided.

Janie

Old 01-04-2009, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by appliquequiltdesigns
There are many great patterns for applique and several ways to do it. The three most common ways are needle-turn, freezer paper and fusible web. I personally like fusible web. On my site I explain how to do all three. Also I use the following site http://www.coloring.ws/ for patterns. Good luck with what you decided.

Janie
Thank you Janie. I was literally just wording a response asking about different methods. I remember making a fan using the fusible method, but that was in a class long ago. Then I put handprints on a quilt without web but using my machine. NEVER AGAIN. I'm getting ready to make another fan and my first ever attempt at a Dresden Plate. I want to really know what I'm doing before I start!

I did go to the coloring.ws website, but it obviously isn't your website. Could you post yours so I can try to brush up on the three types of applique?

Melissa
Old 01-04-2009, 11:31 AM

Pick a design you love with only a few pieces and nothing too small. Make sure curves are genlt and point (in or out) aren't too sharp. Take your time and you'll be fine.

Needle turn is the best (IMHO). No raw edge to eventually fray. After all that hand work I want it to stay for a LOOOONNGGG time.

Good luck.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
I nominate Sunbonnet Sue, or for fun, a BAD Sue!
Moonpi, you crack me up. I know someone that I could make a "Bad Sue" for. :lol: