Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Kind of Thread? >

What Kind of Thread?

What Kind of Thread?

Old 08-03-2012, 07:55 AM

The correct web address for metro thread is www.metroemb.com. I use that thread for longarming. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. And it's so inexpensive!!!!! The colors are to die for!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:32 PM

HI..Glad you got the correct web address up there..This Metro thread never gets mentioned, and I too just love the colors...The thread is just as strong as the rest, but way less expensive..They have a special going on the varigated at .69, I think it was...I'm going to use it for the decorative stitches on this new machine I just bought on HSN.. YOu gave me that idea , when you said you used on the LA...
Old 08-03-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by NUBQ View Post
HI..Glad you got the correct web address up there..This Metro thread never gets mentioned, and I too just love the colors...The thread is just as strong as the rest, but way less expensive..They have a special going on the varigated at .69, I think it was...I'm going to use it for the decorative stitches on this new machine I just bought on HSN.. YOu gave me that idea , when you said you used on the LA...
COOL! Be sure to post a pic when you have it done (and send me a link - I'm going to be out of town for most of the next month and might miss it!!)
Old 08-03-2012, 02:37 PM

Thanks for your interest, but I don't have the machine yet..the thing has 320 deco stitches on it...So I'll be busy checking them all out, before I use them for a bag or something like that...I have a message on another thread about buying it yesterday.....Where will you going for an entire month?
That is truly a wonderful quilt on your blog..... berni
Old 08-03-2012, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by NUBQ View Post
Thanks for your interest, but I don't have the machine yet..the thing has 320 deco stitches on it...So I'll be busy checking them all out, before I use them for a bag or something like that...I have a message on another thread about buying it yesterday.....Where will you going for an entire month?
That is truly a wonderful quilt on your blog..... berni
I'm headed out Monday for Colorado to see my son and his family -- haven't seen them in 1 1/2 yrs. I'm so excited. Then 4 days after I get back, I'm headed to a quilting retreat. It'll be sewing/sitting/reading -- whatever we want to do --- i'll probably sleep!
Old 08-03-2012, 03:27 PM

Thank you so much. I checked out the Metro site and felt like I won the lottery!! I was about to order sulky from Joann's so glad I waited. You ladies have taught me so much. Bless each of you. Amandasgramma Have a very safe and enjoyable trip.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:13 PM

Have a great time in CO... Oregan and Colorado..both beautiful states.....Never been to a retreat..My retreat is in my house...
Old 08-03-2012, 08:31 PM

I love Isacord thread for sewing and embroidery.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:02 PM

I like metro and marathon. I use poly as I was embroidering lots of items that would get washed a lot. They both have a nice sheen and I think are very affordable.