Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina 1300MDC serger >

Bernina 1300MDC serger

Bernina 1300MDC serger

Old 08-02-2012, 10:44 AM

Default Bernina 1300MDC serger

I am going to purchase this machine. I like what it does etc. just want to know if anyone here has purchased one recently and which feet etc. it came with. I am hitting my dealer with this in the middle of a busy show week so want to have my p's and q's together so I know what additional items I need to order. I can't find anything on the Bernina site for consumers that tells me what comes with the machine, just the bells and whistles. Appreciate anything you might be able to share with me.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:17 AM

I have this serger. According to my manual the machine shows a blind stitch foot and elasticator foot as accessories. This is in addition to the regular foot. I have used my serger some, but have not used the cover stitch except in class. I would purchase a serger and cover stitch machine separately if I were purchasing now.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:23 AM

I really like my MDC1300 serger. Cover stitch, elasticactor (wonderful!), blind hem, and regular foot. I haven't used the cover stitch either, but the elasticactor is truly great. Lots of crib sheets got made with this, some for my granddaughters and many more for a charity (incubator sheets). The machine is easy to adjust and pretty bullet proof except for the little needle-like item on the bed that helps with the stitch formation.

Pam
Old 08-03-2012, 10:52 PM

I am getting this one because it is 2,3,4,5 thread. I finally killed my old Singer 234D after a couple of resurrections when I did upholstry for a boat sevral years ago. I have the remains in storage waiting to be resurrected as a lamp for a sewing room/studio when it happens. LOL I have sewn a little bit with this model and love the ease of doing rolled hems without having to change the needle plate. I am looking forward to making some slacks that I don't have to sew a straight seam then serge the edges.