Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What is this machine, and is it appropriate for quilting?

Looks like it would only do straight stitch.
    I would also love that table!

mgm- don't even talk to me about where the cars are. My car hasn't seen the inside of the garage...well, maybe ONE time. He's always got some project going in there. Usually it involves fixing someone ELSE's vehicle...
    He's got this whole thing built on casters so he can wheel it around/outside if he needs to, and the machine is also on wheels and slides right into that space. The middle section will store his fabric rolls/bolts.

That machine isn't really meant to sew lighter fabrics. I had the same set in my shop for 20+ years.
    It will sew it, but it won't like it...lol It may chew on it a bit too. Now if you wanted to sew a few layers of leather or vinyl and most upholstery materials this one would work.

Kinda looks like a Consew or possibly a Juki.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimiqwerty View Post
    I agree. It's worth a try, especially with that great table attached.
    Her husband is probably reading this and thinking.........Hey that is my machine! Keep your frilly quilty stuff away......LOL

It wouldn't work anyhow, that type of machine loves vinyl, leather and canvas better.

Besides with the sewing oil swimming about in a tray underneath to keep the machine lubricated. Y'all would have a cow if it got on your quilt.....just sayin'
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I used to have a singer much like this, but not an upholstery machine. I loved my commercial machine for piecing, I could really go to town on strip piecing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter View Post
    Throw together a practice piece and give it a whirl. Just grab any two pieces of fabric and some batting. Nothing fancy is required for trying it out. If you get good stitches that make you happy, it's good to go. If it's a hot mess you have not lost anything by trying.
    I was going to suggest this very thing. You won't know for sure unless you try!
    Cindy

Curator of an 1889 Singer model 27 Fiddlebase Treadle, a 1951 Singer Centennial Featherweight, a 1956 Singer 401A, and a 1982 Bernina 830 Record.

I love that table! Wish I had one that large. If you can't use that machine, I hope your husband will build a table for the machine you use.

Wow Great table, maybe he'd build one for you???

Blog Entries
    I have table envy!

Blog Entries
    What does your DH sew with his machine and this big of a table?????
    Nikki in MO

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast