Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What solids line is this from? >

What solids line is this from?

What solids line is this from?

Old 01-19-2015, 04:24 PM

Default What solids line is this from?

Hello- I found this FQ at the LQS but no accompanying bolt. From the picture, can anyone identify the fabric line? It doesn't feel like Kona. The ridges are perpendicular to the edge. I have looked through google images endlessly, but can't get a clue. Thanks for looking.

hugs,
Charlotte
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by charlottequilts; 01-19-2015 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Delete one image
Old 01-19-2015, 04:28 PM

Sorry, wish I could help. Have you talked to the people at the shop? They might know. Or, have you considered finding a similar color in another fabric line, where you can get more? Good luck!
Old 01-19-2015, 04:36 PM

Hi, Margaret - there were 2 employees working, and I was the only customer because of rotten weather. Weirdly, there were only 10 bolts of solids in the entire shop (and this was KQ). A few FQ were hanging up, one of which was the right color. No one was very interested in identifying it. ( the shop has changed a lot, and not in a good way). I was hoping the grosgrain-type selvege might ring a bell with someone, and I could work from there.

charlotte
Old 01-19-2015, 04:54 PM
Power Poster

It kind of looks like the fabric that someone posted this week where they were having trouble cutting on the straight of grain? See if you can find that thread and compare?
Old 01-19-2015, 04:58 PM

Well, if it was a good quality LQS, then I'd wager it was either Kona or Moda Bella. Let me check my Bella selveges, see what they look like.

eta: Nope, sorry, my Bella selveges look nothing like that. I'm out of ideas.

Last edited by Peckish; 01-19-2015 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:14 PM

Tartan, I couldn't see the selvege in the picture and suspect that my ipad closeup may have made the fabric look coarser than it is. It's actually smoother than Kona and lighter weight. Peckish, thanks for helping me eliminate the Bella. That really helps.

hugs,
Charlotte
Old 01-19-2015, 05:15 PM

I wonder if they didn't want you to know the name of the fabric? It seems very strange that they won't tell you the name. I think you should be able to go back there and insist that they tell you so you know. If they bought it they will know who they bought it from.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by FabStripper View Post
I wonder if they didn't want you to know the name of the fabric? It seems very strange that they won't tell you the name. I think you should be able to go back there and insist that they tell you so you know. If they bought it they will know who they bought it from.
you're right, of course, but this is Keepsake and because they have a warehouse, often the shop employees claim that they have no idea, i.e., this is what they send us. (The shop and warehouse aren't far apart, in a small town, not like one is in Peru.). Keepsake offers various solids groupings by color online but doesn't name their origin. You have to be lucky enough to see the bolt. I have a second fabric that I'm looking for, purchased there, with this same selvege. If I can find the group, I'll have more luck running down the colors.

hugs,
Charlotte
Old 01-20-2015, 03:51 AM

There are lots of top name solid collections. Do you need more of this fabric or are you just curious as to brand?

Sandy
Old 01-20-2015, 05:31 AM
Power Poster

There are so many fabric manufacturer's that are now producing solids color lines. In the old days, there was only Moda and Robert Kaufman.