Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would you do? >

What would you do?

What would you do?

Old 09-05-2016, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by SewingSew View Post
It's difficult to say no sometimes, isn't it? I don't know how much time has transpired, or if you have already agreed to making the quilt, but initially I would have negotiated the price of materials and shipping with her, and I would have suggested longarm quilters to her with the understanding that it would be up to her to negotiate that once she recieved the quilt top. I don't believe I would have incurred this expense for someone I rarely speak to, not to mention the value of your time. She probably has no clue as to the expense or effort involved in making a quilt.
ditto.
no shame in letting someone now what is involved, time and expense, in the making og a quilt--in my opinion.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie View Post
Send the quilt with your blessings knowing that you have taken the high road and try and focus on any of the good times you once had with your sister. Perhaps your quilt will be the start of a better relationship between the two of you. I'm sure that your niece will appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Amen to this...
Old 09-05-2016, 09:34 AM

Dunster, i like your idea
Old 09-05-2016, 10:57 AM

I would send her a message saying that if she wanted a quilt, it would cost $_____ - you have to replace the fabric at $12-$15 a yard for your stash, plus the cost of the backing, batting and longarming...and don't forget to compensate yourself for your fabulous piecing skills!! I would treat her as anyone on the street that was an acquaintance, because that seems to be all she really is, just someone you know from that past whom you are not close to. I hate it when people ask me to make quilts for them...if I want to make you one, I will!!! In my own time and what I choose to make.