Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your favorite Craftsy Class? >

What is your favorite Craftsy Class?

What is your favorite Craftsy Class?

Old 11-30-2013, 03:16 PM

since I do not know a lot about sewing this one was great..40 Techniques Every Sewer Should Know. I also really liked the serger classes since I knew nothing at all they were really good. - all of the serger classes and the sewing class was worth it. A few were just ok, but I only asked for my money back on one,..even if I just learn one thing I figured it was worth it. Oh and I watched the free longarm class...so glad I did not pay for that one. I skipped though it...her stitches were not impressive.

Last edited by carolaug; 11-30-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
I hated the class by Wendy butler burns. Complete waste of money. She talks to you like you are a two year old and I learned next to nothing in her class. I hate to be negative, but ugh... I was mad after I watched the entire thing.

that said, I love love love the Angela Walters classes and bought all of them. Those are my favorite. I have a few others I am working through too that are pretty good.
Which Wendy class did you take? I thought pictorial quilts was fabulous but art quilts was terrible.

My favorites were Stupendous Stitching, Hand Stitched collage quilts, and painted quilt.

The dye class was kind of useless, I got most of that from a quick google search. I wish I had asked for my money back on the log cabin art quilt class. It was just about how to make a log cabin block nothing about art quilting. There is a time limit on the guarantee

Last edited by Skittl1321; 11-30-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:55 PM

I have taken many of the Craftsy classes but I would say that Leah Day's classes on FMQ are the ones where I learned the most. I took a couple of classes which I though were sort of a waste of time but there again it depends on your level of quilting and what you want to learn. Block of the month was very well done but quite simple. I signed up for the quilting Big Projects on Small machine but have not gotten around to taking it so can't comment on that one. I have to agree that I was not that impressed with Wendy Burns although I did learn some things so I guess you can always learn one thing new if you listen long enough.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:59 PM

I am taking Peggy Martin [h=1]Quick-Strip Paper Piecing[/h]and I love it!!! and will be trying this soon.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:29 PM

I took Amy Gibson's free Block of the Month class and learned a whole lot. She showed many techniques I didn't know and want to learn further.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:51 PM

I haven't seen anyone mention Cindy Needham's Craftsy class, I bought that one and just LOVED it!
Old 01-28-2014, 05:08 PM

I too had some issues with one of the Wendy Butler Burns classes. Ok information but talked to much. I don't remember which it was. The other one was pretty good. I also loved Cindy Needham's classes as well as Angela Walters and Ann Peterson. I also liked Peggy Martin's quick strip paper piecing. I have learned something from almost every class, and I've done most of the quilting classes.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:18 PM

Thanks!! I just checkout design it quilt it by Cindy Needham. The reviews look great so bought that one.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:18 AM

Have never paid for a class. There are so many free instructions. Now after years of quilting I can put togather blocks with only written instructions and many with no instructions.
Like Eleanor Burns the best and no cost instructions on her website Quilt In A Day.
So glad QNN was free when I started quilting, learned a lot with all the free videos.
Also some teachers use methods that are more complicated than others so simplify them to easier ways.

Last edited by Rose Marie; 01-29-2014 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:55 PM

I love crafty ! My favorite classes are ann peterson free motion quilting on a standard regular machine and leah day. I learned so much from these two ladies, I have gained so much confidence in my free motion quilting stiches!