Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your favorite Craftsy Class? >

What is your favorite Craftsy Class?

What is your favorite Craftsy Class?

Old 02-04-2014, 08:29 AM

So far I have signed up for about 12 classes. My favorites are Leah Day's classes. She is so talented and personable. I always sign up for any free classes and have watched only a couple. Some don't hold my interest because they show a technique that I am not interested in. I usually watch and see if there is something that would apply to my quilt making. I think this teaching tool is wonderful and I especially like the fact that you can watch over and over.
Sue
Old 02-04-2014, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by azwendyg View Post
I haven't seen anyone mention Cindy Needham's Craftsy class, I bought that one and just LOVED it!
Me too! Love her style and approach.
Also have found Mimi Dietrich "Finishing School Edges & Bindings" good and Carol Doak's Mastering PP - I'm an experienced quilter but learned several excellent tips from these two ladies which make things easier....so worth having them.
And best of all, by being on their mailing list, have only paid about half price for all of them when they have specials.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Power Poster

I have signed up for a bunch of classes and gotten something out of each one. The ones I liked the least were Wendy Butler Burns - that woman is too sloppy and too verbose. It's all about "look at me - look at what I'm doing" ANNOYING! The other one I did not like was Dot-to-Dot with Angela Walters - waaaaay too sloppy for me. Her "close enough" attitude really didn't sit well with me. I was glad I got those classes at 50% off or I would have demanded my money back. There was also an applique class that made me want to slit my wrists. Interesting method but who has time and patience for all those steps. I'll have to go to the craftsy site and see which one that was.

LOVE Ann Peterson, Cindy Needham, Carole Doak. Mimi Dietrich and Peggy Martin.