Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which is your favorite craftsy class? >

Which is your favorite craftsy class?

Which is your favorite craftsy class?

Old 01-01-2014, 02:34 PM

Default Which is your favorite craftsy class?

Just wondering. I know that everybody has a different level of experience and therefore the opinions will vary.
Just call me curious
Old 01-01-2014, 03:20 PM

I am quickly getting addicted to the classes. They are all so good. My favorites have been Cindy Needham "Design and quilt it" and Carol Doak's class. They often have sales on the classes. I got both of these 50% off. I have been checking out their patterns too. Some of those look interesting too. Enjoy!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:10 PM

I have several classes -- now I just need to view them. That is my goal for this winter!!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:14 PM

Anything Angela Walters (sp). Love her LAQ work. I just view the class and dream about when I can own a LA.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:41 PM

I, too, am addicted to Craftsy classes. I have quite a few that I haven't finished. My goal this year is to complete at least one class a month. My class for January is Re-Piecing the Past. I am trying to finish this class that I started 18 months ago. I had finished 11 of the 12 Civil War blocks in the class, then I went out of town and didn't work on the class anymore. Yesterday, I finished the 12th block and am working on all those 4-patches, 9-patches, flying geese and piano keys that join the blocks together.

Whatever class I am working on, I like the instructor and always learn a new skill. I like the fact that I can view the lessons as many times I need to and at any time. I think I have signed up for 41 quilting classes and have completed only about half of them. Leah Day's first class is the only class that I did not get at 50% off. Jenny Doan's Quilting Quickly and Quilting Quickly II were my first Craftsy courses. I frequently go back to those classes and have made many of the quilts from those classes. I find that I am more likely to finish a class if I purchased the fabric to make the quilt or quilts featured.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
Anything Angela Walters (sp). Love her LAQ work. I just view the class and dream about when I can own a LA.
Ditto she is fantastic.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:46 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

My favorites are the free BOMs they offered in 2012 and 2013. They are offering one in 2014, but don't know when. I like the BOMs because I learn so many new ways to piece. I loved Amy as a teacher in 2012 the best. I hope we get a great teacher in 2014!! When they offer the class, will whomever sees it, will they let us know? I try and check everyday, but don't always remember. My age is catching up to me.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:19 PM

I love Ann Peterson class beyond quilting and Angela wolf's jeans class
Old 01-01-2014, 10:55 PM

my favorite is usually the last one that I've taken - can't remember the instructors name, but it is all about stars. She has lots of good tips! I have watched the classes- but not done the projects, but have learned much from them.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:05 PM

I love the "Block of the Month" classes. So much variety! So much to learn! So much fun!