Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your favorite Craftsy Class? >

What is your favorite Craftsy Class?

What is your favorite Craftsy Class?

Old 11-20-2013, 06:13 PM

Default What is your favorite Craftsy Class?

Which one would you recommend?
MA
Old 11-20-2013, 06:38 PM

The first one I took was Quilting Big Projects on a Small Machine with Ann Petersen and I was hooked! I think it depends on where you're at in your quilting life, what is going to appeal to you. I've got about 15 classes accumulated now and I think she is one of the best instructors. JMHO
Old 11-20-2013, 06:59 PM

I just checked, I have signed up for 38 Craftsy quilting classes. That includes several free classes such as BOMs. With each class I take, I think that class is the best. When I started quilting 3 years ago, I really knew nothing about quilting. I signed up for Jenny Doan's Quilting Quickly which was the only quilting class they offered back then. As soon as they offered her Quilting Quickly II, I signed up for it. As a beginner, I kept going back to those classes over and over again. I love the Craftsy classes and have learned from each that I have taken. I especially enjoyed the free Block of the Month classes as I made blocks I would never have attempted otherwise. Oh, I only sign up for classes when I can get them at a very reduced rate. There are a couple of classes that I really want to take; but I keep waiting for a lower price.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:28 PM

Well I have about 12 and it's hard to say which is my favorite- there are several very talented teachers- Carol Doak, Peggy Martin, Kimberly Einmo, Jenny Doan, Ann Peterson, Laura Nownes, Angela Walters-- so much talent there! Many others too, I think you have to focus on what you desire to learn.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:16 PM

I think that you have to go with your current interests or priorities. Think about what you want to do the most and start there. I've been collecting free paper piecing patterns, on Craftsy, because that it my playground while I finish some bigger projects.

Are you a beginner?
Looking how to finish things?
Trying something new?
Old 11-21-2013, 02:44 AM

I hated the class by Wendy butler burns. Complete waste of money. She talks to you like you are a two year old and I learned next to nothing in her class. I hate to be negative, but ugh... I was mad after I watched the entire thing.

that said, I love love love the Angela Walters classes and bought all of them. Those are my favorite. I have a few others I am working through too that are pretty good.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:26 AM

I have several classes and like others have said it really depends on what you want to learn right now. I bought the hand quilting class one day because I swear I was going to learn how to do that. I have watched a few of the videos but have become side tracked with other quilting things but great thing about Craftsy it will be there when I am ready. I have a bought a few of the knitting and crochet ones and I love my long arm classes. I am thinking I want the embroidery machine class for Christmas. I think their Photography classes are way over priced but I think the instructor has some say in that as well. I wish Craftsy would have been around for all my phases of my hobbies.

Hopetoquilt, I hope you got your money back on the class you didn't like.

Happy Quilting
Tammy
Old 11-21-2013, 05:33 AM

I have lots of Craftsy classes. Quilting, sewing, knitting and I just added machine embroidery to my interests. Right now my interest is learning how to use my Brother HE1 embroidery machine. After Christmas I may focus on crazy quilting.The classes better stay available, that is one reason I bought them. I have money invested in learning skills.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:42 AM
Power Poster

I've taken several craftsy classes. I enrolled for one, from and instructor I had before. Loved her first class. The second one, not so much. I requested a refund. There was no hassle at all. I really like how you can take the classes over and over (sometimes I'm a slow learner!)
Old 11-21-2013, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
I hated the class by Wendy butler burns. Complete waste of money. She talks to you like you are a two year old and I learned next to nothing in her class. I hate to be negative, but ugh... I was mad after I watched the entire thing.

that said, I love love love the Angela Walters classes and bought all of them. Those are my favorite. I have a few others I am working through too that are pretty good.
I'm surprised with your observation on Wendy. I saw her presentation in person and thought it was great. I haven't seen her class.
I had a Craftsy class that I didn't like. It was an embroidery class using a embroidery size I can't use. This wasn't explained in the description. Also, the teacher was very sloppy with her work. I emailed Craftsy and they immediately offered me a choice of a refund or any other class.