Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What is your favorite....

FREE Christmas scene? It can be paper pieced or appliqued. I would LOVE to make some Christmas stocking this year as gifts (Children and adult) and possibly a few Christmas tree skirts.
    Thanks

I fell in LOVE with this one (it's not a free pattern)
    http://friendship.quilt.to/tree_skirt_done_small.jpg

I recently purchases a book called 'TOPPERS', and used the winter scene for several Christmas gifts. All were well appreciated and received.

I can see why you fell in love with that tree skirt scene - it really is eye catching!! I'm also going to be making several tree skirts this year.... I'm not an applique type of a person though - although for a tree skirt I can see using heat n bond...!!

Banned
    i haven't done anything christmas yet, but will look around at the patterns. i know theres alot of cute ones out there. i love santas's and snowmen :D

Blog Entries
    Oh, I feel in love with all of I Believe Art to Heart Christmas projects and Easy Does It for Christmas, both by Nancy Halvorsen.

I made my own pattern for a stocking for first grandchild and added appliqued snowmen. I used a Debbie Mum Christmas book as inspiration for one snowman and free-hand drew the other and a tree. I used white buttons from my mother's button box for falling snow. The back side of the stocking is a quilt block in matching colors (Carolina Lily, as my granddaughter's name is Lily). I'm going to make another this year for my new grandson.

You can try using children's coloring books for applique ideas and create your own patterns. Enlarge or reduce on a copier to get the size you want. There are generally a lot of holiday-themed ones available at dollar stores and WalMart, and you can likely find coloring sheets free online. Holiday cookie cutters can also offer simple shapes. I have a reindeer cookie cutter that would work well as a pattern, as well as an angel, bell, stars, holly leaf, candy cane, etc.

Thank you all for the ideas. I just love the applique look, just havn't buckled down to try it.
    I might even run to hobby lobby to see if there Christmas items are out to get some inspiration.