Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your sewing goals for today? >

What are your sewing goals for today?

What are your sewing goals for today?

Old 10-19-2010, 04:31 AM

Yesterday I finished the secretpals, the quilts, pin cushions, so now on to the next doll quilt, pin cushions, and making things for upcoming Christmas, not making, finding ideas for the gifts!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:58 AM

okay worked on nephew and his wife's quilted throw last night. Finished making the binding and have only 3 more sides to sew before this is completely sewn on. I will finish this tonight.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:39 AM

Okay, Grann of 6, which Christmas table runner pattern couldn't you resist? I'm curious. You said you hadn't been feeling good but the heart was ok. If you keep up that pace you patterned for yourself, you won't be ok. Take care of yourself and try to take it easy. I haven't felt well for the last couple of weeks either, so I've slowed down a bit. Even took a couple days off work to rest, but that didn't happen. Try to pace yourself and don't get overwhelmed with what has to be done. My motto - "It will be there tomorrow."
Old 10-19-2010, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Grandmama Pat
Okay, Grann of 6, which Christmas table runner pattern couldn't you resist? I'm curious. You said you hadn't been feeling good but the heart was ok. If you keep up that pace you patterned for yourself, you won't be ok. Take care of yourself and try to take it easy. I haven't felt well for the last couple of weeks either, so I've slowed down a bit. Even took a couple days off work to rest, but that didn't happen. Try to pace yourself and don't get overwhelmed with what has to be done. My motto - "It will be there tomorrow."
I will post a picture of the runner and pattern when I get it finished. Was going to do that today but my huge fish died in the night so had to clean the tank. It is a 55 gal tank so has been an all day job. I want to bring the basement fish upstairs and eliminate the tank in the sewing room so I have more room for machines. My health issue seems to be a necessary adjustment to some of my meds. I am slowly feeling more energetic so I guess it is working. No nap today, yea!!
Old 10-19-2010, 01:29 PM

Makes me feel tired to think of what you are proposing to do today!! Actually reading this at 22.26 hours and the only sewing I did today was to hem a pair of trousers I bought last winter which were far too long. I also made an oven glove out of a pineapple block that I made at a class and didn't like (waste not, want not). We do something called 'Street Watch' so DH and I went out with two coppers and walked through the village for an hour. Had six people to supper. Night all!
Old 10-19-2010, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dwbbie
a long list that was? Did you complete it in a day? I worked today, came home to hubby who started Italian sausages, I made a salad and did up some dishes and laundry. (Usual stuff!) Today is a beautiful day, with temps in the low 70's and overcast. While dinner cooked, DH and I took asmall walk. I got home about an hour early. I am taking some classes online and I'll have to do that until bedtime.
Anyone sewing tomorrow? (I have to work.) I hope to have sewing plans for the weekend, so I will have to get going in the house! My plans are---
to buy a crazy quilt book from Amazon this week, to make a friend a crazy quilt. Next weekend, I'd like to make 9 treat bags for my 9 Grands! Six boys and thre girls! I am itching to make some fabric post cards. Anyone else make these?
Sorry to have talked for so long! Happy sewing everyone!
Yes I make fabric postcards from some of the scraps from my applique.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-102894.jpe   attachment-102895.jpe   attachment-103404.jpe  
Old 10-19-2010, 04:37 PM

sister and I doing a quilt together so trying to get as many blocks done today as I can.She does my quilting, on long-arm, I make her blocks elise
Old 10-19-2010, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by GailG
Wow!! I haven't read through all of the posts on this thread, but already I know that I need to get up from here and get started. TODAY IS MY DAY. I"m going to the LQS which is 30 miles away to pick up a new book and fabrics for our quilting group's BOM for this year. (We began our year in September. I have no Civil War fabrics in my stash so I get to go shopping. Woohoo!
Well, I DID it!! I lived up to the nickname my DH gave me many years ago -- Fabric Fingers. I went to the fabric shop and found all of the fabrics that I need for the quilt. Also picked up the book -- Big Book of Quick Rotary Cutter Quilts, Pam Bono Designs. (Remember the precious truck quilt, Keep on Truckin' that was posted a few weeks ago?) On the way home, I stopped at an Italian buffet, found a cozy table and looked through the book while I ate. When I got home, I began washing some of the fabric. There's nothing like a new book and a new stack of fabric.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:16 PM

VISIT THE DOCTORS CALL IN TO THE CRAFT GROUP ON THE WAY HOME . LUNCH , NAP , THEN SEWING . COOK DINNER , THEN FINISH NOVEMBER SUNBONNET SUE BLOCK . TOMORROW CUT OUT DECEMBERS BLOCK . THE BEST PART IS CHOOSING THE COLOURS, THAT I AM REALY LOOKING FORWARD TO . NO CLEANING YIPPEE.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:14 AM

Today is the 20th, I am going to pace myself, I have so many things to do outside the home today! then come home and finish a couple of projects. Plus gotta get this house straightened a bit before son comes, y'know the path so we can walk through, hehehehe