Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your sewing goals for today? >

What are your sewing goals for today?

What are your sewing goals for today?

Old 10-18-2010, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by TxCaRose
for now I am stuck, just had shoulder surgery 3 weeks ago. I did go in this am to try to do some sewing but to no avail. I do however want to finish my UFO's before I start anything else, hopefully within a month. I have so many things rolling around in my mind that I am itching to get started.
Ouch. It's hard to put the quilting down, isn't it? The ladies that got me truly addicted to it forewarned me. Feel better, and do rest your arm. Your projects will be patiently waiting for your return. :thumbup:
Old 10-18-2010, 02:07 PM

a long list that was? Did you complete it in a day? I worked today, came home to hubby who started Italian sausages, I made a salad and did up some dishes and laundry. (Usual stuff!) Today is a beautiful day, with temps in the low 70's and overcast. While dinner cooked, DH and I took asmall walk. I got home about an hour early. I am taking some classes online and I'll have to do that until bedtime.
Anyone sewing tomorrow? (I have to work.) I hope to have sewing plans for the weekend, so I will have to get going in the house! My plans are---
to buy a crazy quilt book from Amazon this week, to make a friend a crazy quilt. Next weekend, I'd like to make 9 treat bags for my 9 Grands! Six boys and thre girls! I am itching to make some fabric post cards. Anyone else make these?
Sorry to have talked for so long! Happy sewing everyone!
Old 10-18-2010, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dwbbie
a long list that was? Did you complete it in a day? I worked today, came home to hubby who started Italian sausages, I made a salad and did up some dishes and laundry. (Usual stuff!) Today is a beautiful day, with temps in the low 70's and overcast. While dinner cooked, DH and I took asmall walk. I got home about an hour early. I am taking some classes online and I'll have to do that until bedtime.
Anyone sewing tomorrow? (I have to work.) I hope to have sewing plans for the weekend, so I will have to get going in the house! My plans are---
to buy a crazy quilt book from Amazon this week, to make a friend a crazy quilt. Next weekend, I'd like to make 9 treat bags for my 9 Grands! Six boys and thre girls! I am itching to make some fabric post cards. Anyone else make these?
Sorry to have talked for so long! Happy sewing everyone!
You've got to be kidding!!! I lost my basting spray, had to take a spare key to my Son-in-law because he locked himself out of the house, was watching my poor fish die a slow death (is almost there today). and on and on and on. Now tomorrow I have good intentions, since I found my basting spray, I hope to finish the table runner I started Sunday and make a couple more, mail the QFK's I finished and start on more stuff for Christmas. It is supposed to rain here so maybe I can concentrate enough to get something done.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:01 PM

I have 2 QFK that just need to be sewn together and washed. Then I have a churn dash quilt to put the layers together and sewn. I also have a baby quilt to do. The pieces are cut and ready to be sewn. My red/white/black needs to be sewn and the binding on. Hmmmm, then a gazillion other projects that I want to do! :-)
Old 10-18-2010, 03:02 PM

I am going to work on the label for Oct. doll quilt, start my winter table runner swap and pack the box for the Secret Santa swap....and hopefully, start clearing up the sewing room's chaos from the last 2 swaps. It's a mess :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Old 10-18-2010, 03:48 PM

Since I'm reading this in the evening, I will have to tell what I accomplished today. I mounted and framed 2 cross stitch pictures, rearranged some things in my sewing room(I was looking for something and that's the results) I put borders on a wall hanging quilt and finished it up so it's ready to put together, and now I'm doing some scrapbooking while I watch TV with DH. Guess it's been a productive day.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ilovemydogs
I have 2 QFK that just need to be sewn together and washed. Then I have a churn dash quilt to put the layers together and sewn. I also have a baby quilt to do. The pieces are cut and ready to be sewn. My red/white/black needs to be sewn and the binding on. Hmmmm, then a gazillion other projects that I want to do! :-)
I've seen QFK in a couple of postings...what does that stand for?
Old 10-18-2010, 04:19 PM

I am hoping to finish a couple of table runners and place mats for Christmas gifts today. With any luck I might be able to then make a start on some large (as in large man size) pot mitts for my brother as an addition to his Christmas present. He likes to cook and is always complaining about the pot mitts being too small for his hands.

Maybe1day
Old 10-18-2010, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by TxCaRose
for now I am stuck, just had shoulder surgery 3 weeks ago. I did go in this am to try to do some sewing but to no avail. I do however want to finish my UFO's before I start anything else, hopefully within a month. I have so many things rolling around in my mind that I am itching to get started.
By about 4-5 weeks post-surgery you should be able to at least sit at the machine for about 5-10 minutes at a time and sew squares. In 2007 I fell and broke my right shoulder in 2 places,the collarbone and tore the rotator cuff. Gentle hugs for a good recovery. I learned to write left handed too.
Have your quilty friends cut a bunch of squares for you, so you can at least piece when you're able. My friends did that for me and I ended up with enough for baby quilt.
This is the quilt.
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...45965719sKbEYi
Old 10-18-2010, 04:38 PM

I finished fixing the tension on my quilting machine after my DH managed to get it off the frame (so heavy)then he put it back and now the stitch regulator isn't working Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I may leave it till I come back in the spring.