Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts about borders on this one?

Still working on my UFOs . These are 22 blocks I found whilst cleaning out. 20 used in the quilt 2 left over. pillows maybe?
    I thought about all different ways to sash and realized I like no sashings better. I used a navy pin dot as the outside little spacer sash. But I don't know where to go from here. I am thinking a lighter blue border about 1/2 size of the block. They are 8.5 " . Then navy pindot as the binding.
    I wanted to take everything out of my stash but have realized I have NO light colors. So I guess I am going to have to buy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    I see what looks like a pale green in alot of the blocks. Try auditioning something on that order with the blue dot on the outside. Pale blue is very safe. This is a fun quilt so play a little.

I also see one bright red block so maybe a very thin red border or flange and then your outer borders.

It is such a fun quilt you could do almost anything with it!
    peace

Blog Entries
    What about a light scrappy border? I like what you have so far :D:D:D

Super Member pumpkinpatchquilter's Avatar
    This is SO cute - very vintage. If it were my quilt I would probably border in something red...to bring that white polka dotted red fabric you used out to the edges. Maybe a smaller red inner border and then as ube quilting up there suggested, maybe a wider outer border in that pale vintage green.

Super Member pumpkinpatchquilter's Avatar
    ...Forgot to add that that orphan block you have leftover would be a great block to use as your label on the back.

I see medium blue as the prominent color when I look at it, so I think I would go with that.

Well I just got back from the fabric store and what a wonderful one it was too. But the prices Oh boy! I know I have been warned. If you are ever in VA forget Joann's and Hancock and go straight to Fabric Hut in Norfolk. It reminds me of the older fabric stores I knew. Fabric not a bunch of other junk . Upholstery , bridal, clothes and more quilt fabrics then I am seen in quite a while.
    Any way spent a couple of hours and ended up picking out two, a blue and purple print. No reds that were good colors none of the greens really floated my boat these two looked the best. And I found a pink piece in my stash when I was cleaning out the other day.
    Maybe combining the three somehow in a scrappy border.
    Someone please tell me when this got so hard. I use to be able to throw these things together. Maybe I am just getting pickier since everyone on here has such beautiful well made things.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Silly thing posted twice..
    sorry about that

Honestly, I like the blue one best.

Blue , blue and blue,,,,,, LOVE IT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast