Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What's on your design wall?

What's on your design wall?

I find so much inspiration and so many ideas from this board and from seeing others' work so I thought I'd share what I have on my design wall and encourage others to do the same.

Here's what I'm working on at the moment. I drafted the block after seeing the quilts online. It's 'Vanilla & Blooms'. Really cool idea - - -

Jane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails design-wall.jpg  
    September - Scrappy Block swap - Three Dudes in Batiks!
    October - Scrappy Block swap - Simply Woven by Jessica Kelly - Moda Bake Shop
    November - Scrappy Block swap - Florabunda aka Jacobs Ladder in Florals - Bonnie Hunter

Blog Entries
    I have nothing on my design wall at the moment. I don't have it up, it's folded away. But working on yo yo and repairing a baby quilt. How rude of me. I really like your quilt. Photos when finished please!
    Last edited by tessagin; 08-25-2014 at 09:09 AM. Reason: add

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I made the 2013 Craftsy BOM and Amy Gibson's BOM and part of it is still hanging on my design wall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Oooh, I like that a lot, Jane! Great colors and nice modern pattern.

Nothing on my design wall at the moment, but after spending a very full day last week at The World Quilt Show - New England, the inspiration sector of my brain is in overdrive!
    Last edited by ghostrider; 08-25-2014 at 10:10 AM.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

I need a design wall! But I am currently (yes currently) working on cutting out a large lap with sunflowers for a wedding gift, I have 1 baby gift that I quilted last week that needs hand sewing of binding, 2 more large laps also quilted last week for wedding gifts, and another large lap size that is for a fund raiser auction that all just need the hand sewing of the binding and then labels.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

I have a black and white Christmas quilt up there, with a gray/multicolored baby quilt waiting to go up.
    Lori

trying to stay grateful

Great idea Jane
    Currently my design wall is almost as chaotic as my sewing room.
    The top is I baby quilt I'm helping my daughter with for her boyfriend's niece. The bottom is blocks for my holiday block swap. I swear I didn't cut the stars up its bad photography on my part. . and the far right is a quilt for my niece that I have put aside to work on other projects that I really need to get back too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-08-25-11.56.28.jpg  
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

I do not actually have a design wall, unless I count the one in my head. :-) However, I am currently working on a fall wall hanging. Just finished the top this very afternoon. Can't wait to show it to you.
    Anne L. Fulton

Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake.

If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it. - Jonathan Winters

The panel I'm using as the focus fabric for my La Passacaglia quilt. I'm just waiting for the paper pieces to come to get started. Can't wait!

Senior Member citruscountyquilter's Avatar
    I have a completed quit top waiting to be sandwiched which I will do after I get a few small projects done for my granddaughter's birthday next week. It seemed like a good place to store it and I get the added benefit of looking at it. I really like it and it is for a Christmas gift so this is the only time I will really see it much. Couldn't quilt without my design wall...well, I could but it wouldn't be nearly as easy or as fun.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast