Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's on your design wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsb13kjd View Post
    Attachment 489088Working on a quilt w
    ith all Kaffe Fassett fabrics.

WWWWwoooOOO! Very cool! Love the design.

Jane
    Jane

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    I've got 2 on my design wall right now. A HST quilt for our neighbors who are selling their house and a Stack-N-Whack awaiting borders. I also have a quilt on my sewing table that I am quilting that needs to get done this week!
    Very pretty HST quilt. The traditional designs never go out of style, do they? Pretty colors. I did one stack & whack in my quilting career and doubt I'll ever do another one. Yours is very pretty.

Jane
    Jane

Quote Originally Posted by alikat110 View Post
    I have a kilidescope quilt. So far not happy with it. It is a UFO I recently pulled out to revisit. Wanna sort it and complete it. I am trying very hard to stay motivated!
    Post a picture and maybe someone could offer some input. We'd love to see it.

Jane
    Jane

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    What a variety of styles and fabrics!

I've got mini WIP's--some ready to finish, others been hanging there for a while
    Attachment 489101Attachment 489102Attachment 489103
    Your work is always so wonderful! I have a bag almost ready to mail out to you. Will all the Boom blocks I'm working on, I keep saying, '. . . just a few more pieces, then I'll mail it. Just a few more pieces. . . . ' LOL

Jane
    Jane

Blog Entries
    Thanks, J! I've been making 9P from 1" pieces as a diversion or as leaders and enders. Have over 600 made...What shall I do with them? Have several ideas...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I need a design wall. Now I am working on a scrappy log cabin. Using up a lot of scraps I've collected!

Quote Originally Posted by tron80 View Post
    Attachment 489057
    Sorry the pic is turn, i hope you can see mi applecore in progress. The fabric is from recycled shirts!
    Happy quilting.
    Oooh, your applecore will be lovely! I'm just starting out on an applecore, haven't got my layout sorted yet, otherwise I'd post a picture!
    Lovely looking projects from everyone :-)

Hello, Love your design wall.. but, have a completely unrelated question, hope you will help... I'm new and tried to post a question to Main .. I can't find it... I received an email saying I had received a private message and there it was ???
    My title was Blockbase - Block #3676 help please. Thanks in advance for your help ad apologies for jumping into your wonderful design wall.
    Have a Blue Sky Day

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
    Dsb13kjd - When I saw your KF, I immediately thought "a bright shabby chic". I never considered KF in this category, but you really pulled it off perfectly. I love the look.
    Great looking quilts. I like them all.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Just finished a Bricks & Stones lap quilt from leftover blocks. Couldn't see wasting them. And here's a little peek at the original one using fruits and veggie fabrics with CT Mirage fabrics. Still needs the borders which I just got from CT the other day. And then here's a plan for the quilt I'm working on right now. Got all the pieces cut ready to go. Using scraps from the last quilt I just finished..Smith Mountain waiting to be quilted. You can see a few of the leftover blocks next to the veggie quilt. I'll use those to make up some throw pillows for the couple this quilt will be given to.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Babylock Ellegante, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Elna 945
    Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

What's on your design wall?

I'm working on a challenge quilt. It will have 42 applique blocks about summertime.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
    Just finished a Bricks & Stones lap quilt from leftover blocks. Couldn't see wasting them. And here's a little peek at the original one using fruits and veggie fabrics with CT Mirage fabrics. Still needs the borders which I just got from CT the other day. And then here's a plan for the quilt I'm working on right now. Got all the pieces cut ready to go. Using scraps from the last quilt I just finished..Smith Mountain waiting to be quilted. You can see a few of the leftover blocks next to the veggie quilt. I'll use those to make up some throw pillows for the couple this quilt will be given to.
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Jane
    Jane

Quote Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
    I'm working on a challenge quilt. It will have 42 applique blocks about summertime.

What fun! I truly admire quilters who do applique.

Jane
    Jane

I am working on a quilt for my DD for Christmas. It is exploding blocks made with Making Melody layer cake from Keepsake quilting. I am putting a "frame" of piano keys around the lighter blocks and will put "frame" of a darker part of the fabric around the darker blocks with a thin line of red between the blocks, a narrow red border and than a wide black and white border that has treble clefs in it.

I have nothing on my wall...don't even have a wall right now. We are remodeling my sewing room and I don't even know where we put my wall. The ceiling is scraped, the tile has been taken up and yes along with fabric everywhere, there is dust everywhere. In the process of painting a soft buttery color. Next floors then baseboards and then the real work begins...getting it all organized and back in. I love the quilt you have on your wall. Will you share the pattern or a too trial?

Thank you for posting this topic. I love seeing what others have on there wall. Maybe this should be a new category. Moderators.

Your summer quilt is one of the cutest quilts I have seen! Love it.

That will be one rockin quilt! I like the half square, it adds more interest. Cannot wait to see it finished...Spooky!!!

Very cute and happy.

Still moving these around and thinking about dark grey sashing.

Power Poster
    Very nice block, like puzzle pieces. I have a make shift design board that right now is folded up behind my bedroom door. Since we live in an apartment now, I can't put anything on the wall, so I confiscated a large corrugated cardboard box from something my DH bought, then I taped a piece of flannel over it with duct tape, it's working out great so far, even if it could be a little larger.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MargeD View Post
    Very nice block, like puzzle pieces. I have a make shift design board that right now is folded up behind my bedroom door. Since we live in an apartment now, I can't put anything on the wall, so I confiscated a large corrugated cardboard box from something my DH bought, then I taped a piece of flannel over it with duct tape, it's working out great so far, even if it could be a little larger.
    Necessity is the mother of invention! Another thing you could get a really large box from an appliance store and fold it along the crease in the cardboard. Could even make the DW larger and easily slipped behind a door or under a bed or sofa.

Oh love the gray pinwheels.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Quote Originally Posted by tron80 View Post
    Attachment 489057
    Sorry the pic is turn, i hope you can see mi applecore in progress. The fabric is from recycled shirts!
    Happy quilting.
    Love the way you have the apple cores laid out, with the darks sprinkled here and there and lights all around the outside. This my favorite way to lay out quilt pieces.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

The colored strips are from scraps that someone was planning to fabric recycle because most of them were too narrow.

Connie

Great walls!

What great inspiration! I've got 2 on my wall. Been there for awhile. A few over the longarm just waiting to be done. Need a good dose of get-er-done!!
    You may be only one person in the world,
    But you may also be the world to one person.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast