Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: When were redeyes first made?

Blog Entries
    I bought a machine today for $80. The cabinet is apart to be refurbished which works for me as I have to drive 800 miles in a sentra and it will be tight. The Serial number is 3728028. I wrote this number down myself and I don't remember a letter in front of the number but then I could have been having a senior moment when I wrote it down. Were redeyes made in 1880? For some reason, I am having trouble locating this little piece of information. Would someone be so kind to point me in the right direction pretty please?

I believe Singer 66's were the new machine for the new century and were released around 1900. To my knowledge the Redeye decals were only on the 66.

Blog Entries
    Go to www.singerco.com

I just looked up the serial number but now I see that the numbers without the letter prefix only show the date of manufacture, not the model #. Maybe Billy would know.

Yes, Billy (Lostin51 I believe) at the Vintage Machines group would most certainly know the answer to your questions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewing Joe
    I believe Singer 66's were the new machine for the new century and were released around 1900. To my knowledge the Redeye decals were only on the 66.

I picked up the machine this morning and, Ok, so I had a senior moment with the Serial Number, there is a G in front of the number. March 16, 1910 does sound more appropriate. Thanks for the help ya'll.