Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where can I find "I Spy" material?

south east ND. 60 miles from MN and 25 from SD
    There's only one LQS near me and they don't have any. The nearest JoAnn's is almost 100 miles away and we don't get there very often and I don't know if they carry it... I thought to make an I Spy lap robe for my Mom; she has the beginning of Alzheimers and I thought something like that might help keep her mind sharper. I've got about a dozen 4" squares that I found in among my small stash but that won't make much of a lap robe, will it?! lol

cande, if you pm me with your mailing address I'll be glad to send you some fabric you can use. It's great that you're making this for your mom.

Blog Entries
    Me too,PM me
    ..you can find I-spy squares on ebay..pretty cheap, just watch the shipping costs

also here:
    http://www.craftconn.com/Main.asp?Ta...productID=5425

relook at the fabrics you have at home..things like flowers,grass,bird houses..stars etc..you could even throw in a few solids..as whats that "color"

The best way to get them is a swap..

4 inches is pretty small IMHO for I-spy, you want to be able to get the main pattern centered..
    mine are at least 6 inches..
    i have some i can send you though..you'll have to cut them down from 6 or 8 inches.
    i just finished one for a Christmas Gift.

I Spy for Lila
    Name:  Attachment-62469.jpe
Views: 53
Size:  71.2 KB

Blog Entries
    When searching on the net...use the terms novelty, and I Spy :wink:

Thank you, watterstide and soniboo. You have PMs. That is a really pretty quilt, wish the squares I have are bigger because 6" would be nicer but guess I'll have to go with what I have. I'll check on E-bay and also the link and see waht I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by cande
    Thank you, watterstide and soniboo. You have PMs. That is a really pretty quilt, wish the squares I have are bigger because 6" would be nicer but guess I'll have to go with what I have. I'll check on E-bay and also the link and see waht I can find.
    My brain isn't functioning well today - have a mean sinus headache and didn't sleep much at all last night -so my math is probably off, but you could join 4 of your 4" squares into a large block (so that would be 7 x 7, right?) and then make another block using a single fabric that measures 7" square completed. Make any sense?

PM your address. I have lots of I Spy fabrics to share.

Thank you, redquilter. I was just going to sew the squares together in rows but you've given me another idea.

You have a PM

I just saw a bunch on ebay. I was looking at something else and one thing lead to another and I ended up on ebay. I wish I hadn't ended up there - I saw so many candy prints I don't have. I plan to make a jar quilt and have some prints but I did not realize there were so many new ones. Some time soon (I hope) I will be able to go get my things from my sisters - as of now I am living with one of my sons - helping them out by taking care of my granddaughter(and job hunting now) - I only brought a few patches I had started on -wasn't planning to stay. When I do get my things I hope to do some trading on here. I will check with you too to see if I have anything you'd like.

Blog Entries
    You could also border the I SPY squares and adjust the width of the border depending on the size of the square. What types of things are you looking for? Most of my I SPY squares are 5" (from the swap) and they are kid-stuff, but there are some with butterflies and cupcakes and such that I could send you.

Send pm with addy.

I saw an attic window type quilt with I Spy squares in the middle that looked really cute. Can't remember where though. You could probably google attic window if you are interested.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast