Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who Knew Quilters Were Wrestlers, Too? >

Who Knew Quilters Were Wrestlers, Too?

Who Knew Quilters Were Wrestlers, Too?

Old 04-23-2011, 07:03 AM

I admire hand quilters, but your reasons are why I like long arm quilting. I also tend to make queen and king quilts,which are easier to handle on a long arm rather than a domestic machine, at least for me.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by chamby
Okay taking a break from working on my Easter table runner. As I am stitiching in the ditch on the machine I am reminded why I hate machine quilting so much.
1. I hate the sewing extenision table that comes with the machine. Everything gets caught on the rounded corners and I am always having to readjust what I am working on. All the stopping and starting gets on my nerves.
2. I hate having to wrestle with what ever I am working on.
At least when I am hand quilting it is easier to adjust the project.
I guess to each his own. I am machine quilting this one because I do not have time to finish by hand.
This just proves that I am a hand quilter at heart.
Thanks for listening.
I'm with you girlfriend. Most recently I MQ'd a table runner and I was worn out afterward, felt like I had wrestled and alligator.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:12 AM

Okay taking a break from working on my Easter table runner. As I am stitiching in the ditch on the machine I am reminded why I hate machine quilting so much.
1. I hate the sewing extenision table that comes with the machine. Everything gets caught on the rounded corners and I am always having to readjust what I am working on. All the stopping and starting gets on my nerves.
I guess to each his own. I am machine quilting this one because I do not have time to finish by hand.
Thanks for listening.
I HATE SITD! Anything larger than a placemat, I free-motion, so I don't have to wrestle so much!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:01 AM

Thanks for listening.
How large is the extension table? I know this happens to me when I have to use the one that came with my machine, but I got a larger one and is is usually not a problem. At home my machine recesses into my sewing table.