Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Knew Quilters Were Wrestlers, Too?

Blog Entries
    Okay taking a break from working on my Easter table runner. As I am stitiching in the ditch on the machine I am reminded why I hate machine quilting so much.
    1. I hate the sewing extenision table that comes with the machine. Everything gets caught on the rounded corners and I am always having to readjust what I am working on. All the stopping and starting gets on my nerves.
    2. I hate having to wrestle with what ever I am working on.
    At least when I am hand quilting it is easier to adjust the project.
    I guess to each his own. I am machine quilting this one because I do not have time to finish by hand.
    This just proves that I am a hand quilter at heart.
    Thanks for listening.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Oh dear, I'm just learning MQ after spending my whole quilting life hand quilting!! :D:D

I wish that I knew how to hand quilt! :?

Blog Entries
    GOd BLess you hand quilters! Honestly! I love the way hand quilting looks.....but I don't have the patience.

Keep your chin up. AT least is a table topper and not a king size quilt. See there is always a bright side? :thumbup:

I also have tremendous respect for hand quilters. As for machine quilting on a DSM, it really helps if you have a machine that settles down into a large table, rather than using the sewing extension table. It is also much easier if you machine quilt in sections. Marti Michell's book is great for explaining how to do that.

Vent away!

np3
    Blog Entries
    When the hand can't do it any more, thank goodness for the machine for FMQ. I HATE SID but love to FMQ.

I love hand quilted quilts. I wish I could see well enough to try hand quilting. With this md in my left eye I'm blessed just to be able to machine quilt. Practice, practice, practice.LOL

Blog Entries
    Reminds me of sailing vs motor boating.

Quote Originally Posted by chamby
    Okay taking a break from working on my Easter table runner. As I am stitiching in the ditch on the machine I am reminded why I hate machine quilting so much.
    1. I hate the sewing extenision table that comes with the machine. Everything gets caught on the rounded corners and I am always having to readjust what I am working on. All the stopping and starting gets on my nerves.
    2. I hate having to wrestle with what ever I am working on.
    At least when I am hand quilting it is easier to adjust the project.
    I guess to each his own. I am machine quilting this one because I do not have time to finish by hand.
    This just proves that I am a hand quilter at heart.
    Thanks for listening.
    That's me exactly. I tried MQ on a baby quilt 3 years ago. Ended up ripping it out and just tying it. Didn't have time to hand quilt.

I would love to be able to finish a quilt as fast as others do, but I just have to hand quilt. And there is a part of me that likes the tradition of a hand quilted quilt.

Hand quilting is easy. If you can hand sew a straight seam, you can hand quilt. It is just using smaller needles and smaller stitches.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast