Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Who took my stuff?

Unhappy Who took my stuff?

In the past six months I have lost my quilter's calculator, favorite retractable measuring tape, and last night my thread snips!!! These three items I always, I thought, put back in their special place. So I want to know who's coming into my house and taking this stuff! Or second question, who would be so mean to hide my favorite tools? I have a feeling it's my alter ego. Tonight gonna do a search and recover and see if I can relocate this stuff and see what other treasures are trying to escape. Doing this takes time away from by sewing but guess it just has to be done.
    If you don't work on it you'll never finish it.

Blog Entries
    The sewing fairy needed your items! good luck. I do the same thing and then end up with two!
    Squirrelly Shirley

Hope you found your stuff! I'm missing several pairs of scissors, can't figure out where I put them
    Heather

I have many pairs of snips and many seam rippers simply because the gremlin was always moving them. I thought it had gotten my pressing sheet too. Nope that was all me. I left it with a UFO in a box.Amazing the things one finds when packing to move.. lol I did buy a new one and its much bigger. So now I have 2.

I know where they are...................You'll find them in the last place you look!

Quote Originally Posted by booklady1952 View Post
    I know where they are...................You'll find them in the last place you look!
    That makes sense. Why would you continue looking if you found them already?

I couldn't help myself. My snips were dull, so I took yours that were sharper, and the calculator was just too cool of a gadget to leave behind, and you're right, this retractable measuring tape is the bomb!

Blog Entries
    I gave up a long time ago looking for my quilting tools. I go in my tool stash box and get another one. If I do ever find them all I put the extra back in my stash box. I can lose a pair of scissors on a bare table. LOL.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    if i would just clean up once in a while, i'm sure i'd find lots of little gadgets LOL
    Nancy in western NY

Power Poster
    I always try to put my stuff back where it's supposed to go unless I get interrupted. If the phone rings or I have to go do something else, sometimes I take my tools with me and set them down where I went to do the task. It is a good excuse to clean your sewing room but they might have wandered further afield.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast