Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who took my stuff?

I have a sewing fairy too that likes to play pranks on me. I found that chocolate helps her moods - or mine - either way......... can't hurt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I can lose a pair of scissors on a bare table. LOL.
    Still giggling over this one!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

If I am missing something, I usually go ask Kola what she did with it.

Earlier this week I was working on a project. My husband is making me something for my sewing room. He needed some letters covered with fabric. I left the letters on the island in the kitchen. And when I got ready to work on them two were missing. So I looked all over, started to think I may have accidentally threw them out. So I asked my husband, he had no idea where they went. So I asked Kola, she said.....how dare you accuse me of getting up on the island! I nudged her and said.........you old hag what do you think your sitting on now!....She jumped down, slinked off into the living room and said.....see if I offer to help look for them.

I found them a little while later, under one of the kitchen rugs and the other under the fridge. Of course we will never know how they got there, since Kola would never, ever get up on the island.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I had to laugh at this "dilemma" ya got going on there, sorry. For 2 months I couldn't find my best( & favorite) rotary cutter and was reduced to using my little tiny one to cut all my quilts with. I swore Chunky, my grandson, ran off with it and searched all 3 of his toy boxes and everywhere else he hides things. For 2 months! Then, while cleaning up the studio and working on the scrap bins last week, I ran across a lump at the bottom of one. Yep, there it was. Now how on earth it wound up at the bottom of a scrap bin that hadn't been touched in a year, I am utterly clueless. But, I sure hope ya find your stuff.

Sounds like you have gremlins, their cousins live at my house.

I don't usually have a problem with the sewing tools, more of where I put my glasses, and cordless phones. I can't leave the house without my glasses, as I am nearsighted..

My DH says Herman did it. I guess that was a ghost when he was growing up. To me that was the name I gave my sour dough starter.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

i keep my snips, tape measure....all the tools i use most while working. when done i cove w fabric being used or remember to be neat and tidy in case i don't get back to my wip soon. i have one lovely fuzzy that sits and stares at the box with all the tools. she digs around as if trying to find just the right tool for her needs. then she pulls out my snips, or that wonderful tapemeasure with the the that allows it to hang around my neck. couldn't figure out where things went for the longest time. then one night i stood in doorway & watched her. lollol...so now i have new plastic box with hinged lid to close away from sight, all those tools she loves most. no more crawling around floor w flashlight looking under china hutch etc with dusting wand in other hand to fish out my snips and whatever else had caught her fancy!
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    Still giggling over this one!!!
    i am too! love it...

Quote Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy View Post
    Sounds like you have gremlins, their cousins live at my house.
    or my lovely fuzzy's cousins!

Blog Entries
    I always read before going to sleep then put my glassess on my night stand well this past week I woke up no glassess i have emptied drawers in night stand. on floor under bed in bed even lifted up the mattress still havent found them I also wake up everymorning with my c pap mask in my bed or on floor I recently had to buy lower dentures because I lost my other ones went to bed wearing them woke up without them I am beginning to think I have a spirit or else I sleep walk just know it is using up all my fabric money

Blog Entries
    Its' the gremlins,they live in quilters homes only.I am sure of this
    Patski
    always learning

ro
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    i agree w/quiltnan. if only i had time to clean up. but thats no fun. i'd rather go to the store and buy whatever it is ive lost. why waste time.

My quilt/sewing room has always been off limits, but there was other things that were not... I never could find a pair of nail clipper, tweezers or everyday scissors unless they were in my pocketbook ....

Blog Entries
    I've lost my bag of screwdrivers and such and I need to work on a SM. This is not good. Maybe it ran off with your tools.

Oh no - a quilting fairy! I haven't heard of that. I know about the black hole that eats just one sock per pair but can't imagine a quilting fairy. I'll have to keep an eye out for her!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
    I cannot sew without a stiletto in my hand. It's tied to my machine with a piece of twine. Really classy looking. I have a pair of scissors bungee corded to my accucut. By the PC, we have a largish container for pencils etc. It also has a pair of scissors attached with a cord, and a stapler, likewise attached. My keys are on a long leash on my purse (which also acts as a key fob) I don't unclip them when I drive, just use them attached with the long cord. My head is likewise attached!
    So glad your head is attached. I've know people that can't find their--- with both hands.

It sounds like the same person who takes all my stuff and moves it around. This is obviously a universal problem!!!!

Blog Entries
    Fun thread. I eventually found my good scissors in my underwear drawer. Then I remembered I hid them there when I thought the kids were thinking of using them!
    I think we need to write a song about this, to the tune of "where do broken hearts go" maybe?

Maybe they are with my missing things. I look for stuff all the time and it is always right where I left it.

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one who does this. I thought I was going crazy.

Blog Entries
    I blame the cats for random noises and missing items. I'm right most of the time!
    Debbie Dresser

You think that's bad? I can't find the manual to my sewing machine and there is absolutely NO REASON whatsoever for me to have removed it from the room. It has been mia for several weeks now.
    Pat

Glad to hear I'm not alone on this one. Sounds like I have lots of company.

GOOD NEWS! Found the thread snips last night! Gonna tidy up sewing table today to see if quilter's cal and measuring tape are discovered.
    COME OUT COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE! GAME OVER!!!!
    If you don't work on it you'll never finish it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast