Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Who took my stuff?

I started having similar problems with my treasured small tools....my purple thing, titanium scissors, quarter inch rulers, pens, etc....I have a corner chair in the family room that is heavy and seldom moved. We moved that corner chair one weekend and low and behold my precious Erma had been accumulating her stash of my stuff! Erma is my tuxedo kitty who is very aloof or sneaky whichever you choose. She is a cat burglar who specializes in things that I love and she does too.

You'll find them when you are looking for something else ...happens every time.

Found choc I did from myself. Thank heavens choc doesn't expire. Found the 1*6 ruler..had two lost one now back to two and found the measuring tape. But alas not quilter's calculator. So sad. But the day is young! Added lots of scraps to my scrap containerS. Note..see..have several scrap containers.
    If you don't work on it you'll never finish it.

I know how frustrating this can be. I moved a few years ago, and lost my quarter inch foot for my machine, my power cord for my machine and a ton of thread.....never did find the foot, found the rest but not the one thing I miss the most.
    Quilt outside of the box!

I blame all that on my mysterious lawn gnomes!

I know what my problem is: SLOW down, PAY ATTENTION, and I hear my mom's words of wisdom: PUT IT BACK WHERE IT GOES (which I have passed on to my three children) BUT the problem is that I don't do this. Every time I can't find that one thing I really need, I have caused my problem. DRIVES ME CRAZY. (I did find Yummy Chocolate Monday while looking for my Work ID Card and found the ID too.) But that pin cushion with my favorite needles is still missing!
    Carol

Sew very frustrating! I try so hard to have a home for each thing, and put it back. I am 62 years old, and still trying to teach myself that. One thing I have been good about this year, though, it cleaning up my sewing room before I leave it in the evening. I sew/quilt at least 5-6 days a week and by the end of the day it looks like a bomb went off in there...and I lose things during the course of the day. When I do my evening clean up, I usually find the pesky item underneath fabric on my cutting table, although I already looked there for it! Sometimes I lose something I was using and when I clean up, I find that it made it's way back to its rightful "home" and was there all the time. Now how did that happen??? I have often thought, there are just way too many tools "required" for what we do...but once you get used to one, like a stiletto for instance, you cannot do without it. I am chasing that stilletto all day long, it goes from the sewing table to the ironing table to the cutting table, and I am convinced it has legs and follows me!
    Michelle Guadarrama

Blog Entries
    I lost several things including new pair of glasses! I think I figures out what was happening. I have two tables In an L shape and one tucks under the other with a couple of inches between them. My trash can sits just under where there they meet and I think things got tucked up under there and fell into the trash can !!!!!

Little gremlins always trying to slow us down. You will be surprised what you find when you do search mission.
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Okay ...deep breathe ...Try try try to remember where you sat them last .. AND make up a trap for sewing Gremlins !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    I have the same mean fairy in my sewing room. My favorite thread snips disappeared for a long time. I figured when I bought the replacement pair they would reappear. NOPE. They did reappear in a weird place several months after that. My tape measure and several other things have vanished too. Some reappear, some don't. I think somethings the sewing fairies are hungry and eat them!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeler View Post
    I couldn't help myself. My snips were dull, so I took yours that were sharper, and the calculator was just too cool of a gadget to leave behind, and you're right, this retractable measuring tape is the bomb!
    HA ha ha ha ha that was cute
    ​We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone.

See if your thief has my thread haven, that I misplaced when I cleaned and reorganized my room in November.

I suspect it's the same gremlin that sneaks into our closets and makes our clothes shrink every now and then!!!!
    Karen in Kentucky

Either the sewing gremlins or that big black hole took them!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie in NM View Post
    In the past six months I have lost my quilter's calculator, favorite retractable measuring tape, and last night my thread snips!!! These three items I always, I thought, put back in their special place. So I want to know who's coming into my house and taking this stuff! Or second question, who would be so mean to hide my favorite tools? I have a feeling it's my alter ego. Tonight gonna do a search and recover and see if I can relocate this stuff and see what other treasures are trying to escape. Doing this takes time away from by sewing but guess it just has to be done.
    My sentiments exactly, but for different lost things. Good luck with your search and I hope you find some other misplaced treasures along the way.

Blog Entries
    Same thing happens with my glasses and the tv remote. The phone rings, and they wind up next to it. If only I'd remember that every time I can't find something. Or in the freezer or fridge. Always in the LEAST likely place.

I lost a small cutting template last summer. I knew it was somewhere, but heck it took me 7 months to find it. Some how my template found it's own hiding place in a charm pack that I used last week. Now I have 2 of the same templates.

I still haven't found a new brown skirt I bought over 8 yrs ago. I bought it then hung it up in a closet and when I went to wear it to church the following Sunday it was gone. Still haven't found it. It wouldn't fit me now.
    Last edited by nygal; 01-26-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    If I get up from sewing to go do a load of laundry or answer the phone, I usually take something from my sewing room with me and leave it in the darnedest places and never find them for months. At least not until I re buy whatever it was that I lost!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Maybe you have a sewing ghost living with you!!

Quote Originally Posted by debbieoh View Post
    Maybe you have a sewing ghost living with you!!
    Maybe your husband ran off with your snippers to trim his ear hairs.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
    Hope you found your stuff! I'm missing several pairs of scissors, can't figure out where I put them
    Me too!!! I finally broke down and bought two more pairs. Sheesh, I can't imagine where they got to.

Quilt THIEVES! Call the Quilt POLICE!

bet my polorgist( SP? sorry)has a brother that visits your house. if you see him please ask if his brother told him where some of my items are too. LOL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast