Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Will someone please beat me with the stupid stick......

I just cut out all the strips for a Double Pinwheel quilt I am making for one of my girls. I had just finished cutting 14 2 1/2 strips when I realized that I folded and cut the fabric wrong.. UGH.. I was looking forward to starting it tomorrow, I am ashamed to admit how tempted I am to use the strips anyway.. lol

Blog Entries
    Sorry, my stupid stick is broken. I used it too much lately. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WACK shame on you. WACK you should have known better. WACK next time you will not do that for if you do you get more WACKS. :twisted:

Feel better. :D

Heck everyone makes a mistake sometime even stupid ones.

Blog Entries
    about the only reason i can think of to wack you with the stick is your "shame" at being tempted to use the strips anyway.

OF COURSE you have to use them ... sooner or later. :lol:

have you tested them for your current project? sometimes what's "wrong" according to a pattern is either just fine or better in the end. :wink:

k3n
    Blog Entries
    You're absolutely NOT stupid - just means you need more fabric, to me that's VERY clever! :D

K x

When you get ready to use those strips, you'll be tickled that they're already cut.

Blog Entries
    not being one to inflict pain and humiliation on myself .... I threw out the stupid stick a long time ago. Also I would never ever dream of using it on someone else! Look at it this way ... there are no accidents, things are meant to be. You were not meant to start this quilt as soon as you planned. The material will work just fine in another project. While out shopping for the replacement material you may find a bargain that makes it all worthwhile or you may lift someone spirits with a smile and kind word. Admit it ..... you love to buy material so is this really so bad :?: :!: :D

Look at it this way. It may be your fabric's way of telling you it wants to be in another project. And it may be that the strips will work anyway in your current project. Try them out and see.

no mistakes, it was done on purpose...it will be lovely in so many other patterns....I do it a lot but keem mum lol :wink:

No stupid stick here. I've done it too. Of course you are tempted to use them, but just make another trip for more fabric ( fun, fun ) and do it right. The other fabric will find a home in another wonderful quilt.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast