Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WIP's and a SINCERE apology >

WIP's and a SINCERE apology

WIP's and a SINCERE apology

Old 01-28-2011, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by grmamrtha1
Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I said the same thing when I first started quilting! :lol: I think having WIP, UFO's, PIGS, etc is a prerequisite here!!
PIGS????
Projects in Grocery Sacks
Old 01-28-2011, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by LoveBug
Originally Posted by marlene tarzwell
Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I said the same thing when I first started quilting! :lol: I think having WIP, UFO's, PIGS, etc is a prerequisite here!!
Um can I ask what is PIG. Other than the obvious.
PIGS = Project In Grocery Sack.

:)
thanks!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by doowopddbop
I have a couple dozen WIPS myself. When a new quilter tells me that she is not going to begin any new projects until she is finished with the one she's working on, I just smile and say, "Uh-huh, sure." :-D

I think I have Quilter's ADD. As soon as I start one project, I can't wait to get to the next thing! I can't help it! I just want to do everything!!
I know I do....althought I have finished up a lot this week since I posted. I've got 5 tops together now so my count of WIP's is getting closer (until I find another pattern I just have to do).

I love all the comments and needed all the affirmations today - thanks everyone!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:08 PM

Don't despair....there's a needle with a gold tip and all you have to do is "catch" the thread in the groove, not the eye, of the needle. So great for our eyes that are being challenged by the eye of the needle. LOL
Old 01-28-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by asmmauer
Lol I have one I started on 24 years ago king size all hand pieced and put together most of the quilting is done but I put it away and forget about it because I have so much trouble threading the eye of the needle just can't see that tiny eye any more.
If you put something white behind the needle it REALLY helps to see it.Try it and let us know what you think.,It REALLY works for me. :thumbup:
Old 01-28-2011, 08:27 PM

you didn't invent it I did HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!! sorry i had a WIP brake down. he he
Old 01-28-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by pamkasperi
When I first started on this board back in December I thought what the heck is a WIP - and then someone explained it to me....then I thought "how on earth can you have more than one project at a time going on" - just finish the one you were working on before moving to the next.

Well....I currently have 7 WIP's...in various forms and stages and abandonded for various reason - I need binding...I need a strap for the tote bag; I ran out of that color thread; I got bored.....

So here it is I'M SORRY....I'm sorry for silently chastising all of you for your WIP's and thinking you were crazy for not finishing what you started before you began something else. I'M SORRY....I have officially joined the ranks of WIP Woman!!! (in more ways than one!) :lol:
I counted up one time not that long ago and I had 12 different WIPs ... all for one reason or another ... more fabric - bored - new material more interesting ------ you get the idea ... they can sneak up on you. How I took care of them was to arrange them on my work table and work on and complete 2 of them before I allowed myself to start a new project (which would then take it's place on the table. I eventually had the table all cleaned off and had no WIPs. I have a few now but have a severe stash shortage just waiting for my check to get here next week so I can replenish it.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:47 PM

My goodness you've been a busy beaver...all those WIP in a month! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Don't feel bad...I went to far as teling a LQS owner who got me started that I was going to finish one project before starting another. She gave me that "knowing LOOK" and a kind smile. I have since reminded her of that conversation and that I had the understood the look she gave me! HA!

I usually have multiple projects going on at the same time..
I work on 6 quilts for kids kits at the same time (they are basically all the same style) and while doing that will work on one of my own to send back to them. For every two of theirs I include one of my own. Now that I have a lot of the 4 patch blocks left over (3 blocks per kit - so 18 blocks left after 6 kits) I'm trying to create quilts that incorporate those blocks.
I'll never catch up with myself!

Welcome aboard the Ship of Quilters! :wink: :roll:
Old 01-28-2011, 08:50 PM

I haven't read this whole thread, but ladies/gents, if it's not been mentioned, let's not forget all our PhD's. I have so many PhD's I should be recognized by Guiness. LOL LOL LOL
Old 01-28-2011, 08:52 PM

PHDS?