Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Woo Hoo I have a new ladder--for the sewing room!!

Blog Entries
    Karla, being a fairly newbie..I haven't made a log cabin quilt. Yours are inspiring me to try it. I think I would agree with you..the smaller the better.

Quote Originally Posted by barnbum
    Tiffany--the curvy log cabin was 1 inch light strips and 1.5 dark ones. I love that quilt. I swear I sleep better when it's on me. :D It was supposed to be circles--I'll attach a picture of it laid out that way--but I played around and liked the barn raising pattern best. One circle was enough. :wink:

The basic log cabin book I have says to cut 2.5 inch strips- :shock: -but I have never made one with them that big. Too floppy looking. My first ones were 2 inch strips--but I'll never cut them more than 1.5" now. The smaller the better I say. :wink:
    I would have never thought to make the dark strips wider than the light strips. How clever! I'm definitely going to have to give this a try with all my scraps. Thank you so much for sharing. And I think your quilt turned out so much better than it would have with just the circles, though that is gorgeous also. I like the way the eye travels on the one above.
    ~Tiffany

That is a great idea even better than the one I use. You know those little drying rakes that stand alone for drying clothes. It has lots of little bars to hang strips from. Meanwhile Im looking for an old latter, I like that idea better.

Oh, maybe that's what I'm using is drying racks instead of a pasta rack. It's a bit big for a pasta rack. I sure love it though!
    ~Tiffany

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3