Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It Worked!!! >

It Worked!!!

It Worked!!!

Old 07-23-2014, 10:33 AM

If you want to make pretty jar grippers, buy a fabric panel with small motifs (like, 4"x4" squares). Then cut out each panel, sandwich with the non-slip stuff, sew around the edges, and turn right side out. Voila! Pretty non-slip jar openers that make wonderful gifts or bazaar crafts.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:49 AM

I use the non-skid rug liners on my hide a bed couch. The cushions kept sliding so I put some of that under the cushions and now they stay in place. Great stuff. Thanks for the idea on the foot pedal.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:32 AM

I have used this stuff under the foot pedals for quite awhile. What a great idea to use it between fry pans. Have to do this in our RV and kitchen!!
Old 07-24-2014, 03:57 AM

So many great tips!! My couch cushions annoy the heck out of me..going to try it on those for sure along with the others too..great morning on the board...since I missed yesterday.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:00 AM

I use a Computer Mouse mat!
Old 07-24-2014, 04:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
If you want to make pretty jar grippers, buy a fabric panel with small motifs (like, 4"x4" squares). Then cut out each panel, sandwich with the non-slip stuff, sew around the edges, and turn right side out. Voila! Pretty non-slip jar openers that make wonderful gifts or bazaar crafts.

My guild zig zags a charm square on top of a non slip square, tosses it in a box and sells them for 2 for a $1 on our sale table at local events. We sell enough of these to pay our booth fees. A larger size sells for $1. We have many return customers looking to buy more for family members.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:43 AM

You can also use the rubberized shelf liner to put between your ruler and fabric! I can now draw diagonal lines without it slipping at the end and cutting is much more accurate because my ruler doesn't move!

Susan
Old 07-24-2014, 05:03 AM

I also use a small strip by the right front side of my machine to put screw driver, stiletto and most important, seam ripper which is very naughty and always tries to roll away and hide under the machine or extension table.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:09 AM

These are great suggestions!

I use rug mats under my foot pedals, too. Gave some of the leftovers to a sewing friend for her foot pedals.

I have also cut open to use flat, torn rubber gloves, the dishwashing type, for non slip purposes. I had a corningware casserole lid that I couldn't put on the dish, because other casseroles were nested in the big one, and a lid to one of those was on the stack, so I put the large lid on its edge at the back of the shelf, standing it on a rubber glove bit, so it wouldnt slide and break if I moved the whole stack.

Last edited by quiltmouse; 07-24-2014 at 05:16 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmouse View Post
These are great suggestions!

I use rug mats under my foot pedals, too. Gave some of the leftovers to a sewing friend for her foot pedals.

I have also cut open to use flat, torn rubber gloves, the dishwashing type, for non slip purposes. I had a corningware casserole lid that I couldn't put on the dish, because other casseroles were nested in the big one, and a lid to one of those was on the stack, so I put the large lid on its edge at the back of the shelf, standing it on a rubber glove bit, so it wouldnt slide and break if I moved the whole stack.
I just found a pair of the dish washing gloves and now will cut them to use, instead of dishes *Ü*