Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you want to have someone mention it to you?

me too. Though if it were after it was quilted, I'd like to have the presence of mind to simply say, "oh that's my concession to only God is perfect" or some such remark. I had a quilt that not only I had quilted, but photographed and gifted. Then after about three or more weeks, I looked at the picture and the "oops" block popped out at me.

Absolutely. Even if the quilt is finished I might still be able to change it.

Yes if it was done kindly.lol
    Sewbeadit
    Montesano, Washington

Oh please yes.
    But you can tell it in a kind way, stay friendly.
    greetz, fien
    http://quiltfien.blogspot.com/

i'd want to know...

I would want to know. I have had help from quilters here on the board when trying to arrange the blocks for a quilt and so appreciate the help. (Madquilter I think you helped me with a couple. )

It's wonderful to have the planning board and to take pictures and look them over carefully before beginning the sewing together but it happens sometimes.
    Proud Blue Star Mother of US Soldier after serving in Afghanistan, He's home to Alaska! That brave man is home!!!
    Mimi to an Airman. Proud Aunt to a Sailor and Airman. My prayers continue for all our wonderful generous military and their families!

I wouldn't want to be told. Most of my quilts go to family, and they know I don't make anything perfect. Everything I make has something out of whack. My Native beliefs are that nothing can be perfect, it's disrespectful to Wakan Tanka.

I don't point others mistakes, and I expect the same in return. I can critique my own work......lol

I make quilts to be love and used. Not to be gawked at and remain unloved.
    Last edited by Chasing Hawk; 08-29-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Yes, I would want to know so I hope someone would tell me if they saw something really wrong...it would then be up to me if I wanted to leave it, or fix it. Most of the time, I would fix it, or I would always know there is something wrong. Some things I could leave, as long as not really obvious.

I would absolutely like to know. If it's already quilted, at least I can laugh about it, and if not, then I can probably fix it.

I would also like for others to critique my work. For instance, if my binding could be improved, tell me - otherwise I'll never know. I believe this craft is most fun when we're learning and improving. However, most people won't give this type of input, for fear of hurt feelings. I know I don't offer that kind of advice, unless directly asked.

I would want to know. If it was too late to fix it, I could at least keep the quilt, instead of gifting it.

It'd be much more of a surprise/shock, if someone told me NOTHING was wrong with it!
    Last edited by Neesie; 08-29-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast